Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leeps
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Whole home wifi drops out every couple of hours

Hi, 

I have a trio pack whole home wifi setup in the house. It's great in terms of signal, but every now and then you get "wifi network has no signal" on android, and the wifi disappears from PCs. I have been trying to track down what it might be, but to no avail so far. 

All discs are updated, and we've even gone to the hassle of running another ethernet out to one of the discs, and that doesn't seem to help. The router is a Vodafone hub, and when the dropouts occur it shows the ethernet as disconnecting - not sure if cause or symptom. 

Anyone else had similar issues? It's annoyingly unreliable for streaming etc. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Whole home wifi drops out every couple of hours

When you say Wi-Fi network has no signal,
1. Has the HUB an internet connection still ( check the HUB's up time)
2. What changes for the Wi-Fi to return
3. When you open the App and select <Help> , < Email> and SHARE what the uptime for each of the Discs ?
0 Ratings
Leeps
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hey, thanks for the quick response 🙂 

The hub is working correctly as far as I can tell, I have a PC connected to ethernet directly and I don't experience dropouts on that at all. Looking now, the uptime is 57 days.

The wifi returns once it's restarted it seems. It takes the same amount of time every time, just a restart cycle and it's good. 

I can't see the uptime that clearly from that log file, but each of the discs has a visible uptime in the app. One of them is 15 mins (since the last issue) and another is 6 hours, so they're both restarting quite regularly, and these are both on ethernet. The one not on ethernet has a 23 day uptime, but I don't get internet through him because the others go off.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I would open the App just check that you have the latest firmware on all the discs v1.02.11build02 and then using the Whole Home App send the Full logs and the App built text to the helpdesk and ask for them to confirm why it was losing its internet, I would also look to connect the PC to one of the discs using the Ethernet port , just to see if its the complete system or just the Wi-Fi that failed and see if you can make a note of the time it failed.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Leeps
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for this. I've sent off a report, will wait to see what comes back. I also made sure the firmware is up to date - the disks have done this for about 3 months now, so I'm assuming it's not that (assuming there's been a patch in that time)

I'll report back!

0 Ratings