cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinnamon009
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Whole home wifi slow speed

I have just purchased the BT whole home wifi to work with existing Sky Q router as it was advertised as being able to work with all routers. I tested my speeds in my stone converted bungalow with just the one sky Q router prior to installing the system and checked where the deadspots etc were and the speed in certain areas of the house. I was getting speeds of around 8mbps in areas where i was down to one bar of wifi signal (ping 26ms and Upload 6.36 if tht means anything to anyone!).

Following the new system set up following the app and installing the new discs where I was recommended per the app, in the same spots as before I am only getting 5mbps and the range has not increased at all. I have now installed all the discs including the additional one I purchased so I have 4 discs in total in the house and the deadspots have not been elminated and speeds slower than just using the existing Sky Q router. Before I return the system under the 30 day return guarantee is there something I could try to boost the speed/range. I have gone through the trouble shooting on the app and everything appears to be configured as required so maybe it just isn't fit for purpose??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole home wifi slow speed

have you tried turning the sky routers hub off and just using the Whole Home Wi-Fi
0 Ratings
cinnamon009
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Yes tried turning the wifi on sky router off. Didn't make a difference. I am now haggling with BT over the return of the product. The only reason I ordered was because it was advertised as 'eliminate dead spots or your money back within 30 days'. The customer services are saying the only recourse I have is through the DSR 14 day return policy. Why advertise a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't intend to honour it? I should have know never to deal with BT again after the debacle of using them for my home broadband. Customer service was and still is the most appalling I have come across.

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

How are your discs connected (from the network page in the app)? Are they in a "daisy chain" or directly connected to the main disc next to your router?

Also, how close are they to the dead spots where you are seeing slower than the Sky Q hub?

0 Ratings
cinnamon009
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

The main disc is at the centre of the house. The others are in a ring around that branching out towards the dead spots. As far as I can see they all connect to the main disc rather than a daisy chain. They are as close to the dead spots as I could get using the whole home WiFi app which tells you where to put the discs.
0 Ratings