cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Whole home wifi

Go to solution
Spoiler
Hi, Ive bought 6 discs so I can get wifi in 2  holiday cottages I've built in my garden. Can I run an ethernet cable from router in main house to 1 cottage then use a splitter  to have a cable running to living rooms in each cottages. Then I would have 1 disc in each property hard wired to router and rest of discs connected via wfi. Thanks 
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Whole home wifi

Go to solution

Hi, I have 6 discs I want to set up in 2 holiday cottages I've built in my garden. Can I run an ethernet cable  from router in my house to 1st cottage. Then add a splitter to run another cable to 2nd cottage so I can have 1 disc in each cottage wired to router. I'd then connect other discs wirelessly. Thanks Paul 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole home wifi

Go to solution

Yes you can use a Network switch (what you refer to as a splitter) set each nodes (discs) to guest network.

But I would recommend running each property on separate VLAN to keep them out of your network, this can be done by tagging the trunk port to carry the VLAN's and your LAN to each property as you have suggested using a VLAN compatible network switch.

In this day and age security must be considered.

Nano beams is also an option if you have line of site and running a Ethernet cable is not practical.