Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

WholeHome Giving Privacy Warning

Go to solution

Hi

WholeHOME now showing Privacy Warning

I use the WholeHOME (3 disc) with a non BT broadband supplier to extend the signal in my home and have done with no issues for a few years.
Recently I had issues with my broadband dropping out and contacted the supplier (Vodafone) who I believe altered the settings of the router (I am not tech savvy at all so I have no idea about settings etc 🥴) and it could be a coincidence but now all my products on the WiFi using WholeHOME are giving me a privacy warning stating the following: Privacy Warning. This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. The names of websites and other servers your device accesses on this network may be monitored and recorded by other devices on this network. Obviously I am very concerned with this message as I do my banking and shopping/buying online but I have zero idea what I can do to get back to WholeHOME being secure again 😬, can anyone please help? 
I have updated the software on the WholeHOME yesterday.

Thank you to anyone in advance who can help me 🤗

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: WholeHome Giving Privacy Warning

Go to solution

You need to ask Vodafone what they did to your router,  the Whole home discs are just a means of accessing your router via wifi. DNS requests are handled by your router, not the discs.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Are these Apple devices that are giving the warning?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Yes they are. I don’t have a PC or laptop so I use my iPhone and iPad for everything.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Okay.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I don’t believe this error message actually means your Wifi isn’t secure. I am having the same issue on my system which is a whole Hime system into a SkyQ router.

Apple introduced encrypted DNS by default, you can’t turn it off, not all routers support it. After so many encrypted messages getting blocked the Apple device generates the message. It dies t mean that your network has suddenly become insecure. It just means it dies t support the latest Apple feature.

if you going into settings on the Apple device and forget the network the error message will go A2 any but only for a while. It will come back when the Apple device thinks too many messages have been blocked,

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Ahhhh, thank you ☺️
0 Ratings