cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBoy
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

WholeHome kicks my phone of Wifi to (presumably) switch nodes

I have the 1+3 and have noticed that sometimes my phone is kicked off WiFi (reverts to 4G) for several seconds. I presume when it decides to switch which disc it is connected to. This is incredibly annoying because the whole point of spending £100s was to avoid this... and it's not like it only does it when it has to, I can be sitting quietly playing a game in a room for a few minutes when randomly it jumps to 4G and I'm forfeited from the game for disconnecting.

Is this a known issue with WW because it's not how I was told it works. Could my phone at only 2 years old be incompatible? Seems unlikely.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: WholeHome kicks my phone of Wifi to (presumably) switch nodes

My S9+ has a setting where I can choose for phone to switch to 4G if that signal is stronger than my wifi - I have that turned off so it will stay on my home wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MrBoy
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

My phone has that setting too but I've made sure it is turned off. Besides, I get this problem in a room right next to a disc. It's definitely linked to switching discs.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 8

@MrBoywrote:

I have the 1+3 and have noticed that sometimes my phone is kicked off WiFi (reverts to 4G) for several seconds. I presume when it decides to switch which disc it is connected to. This is incredibly annoying because the whole point of spending £100s was to avoid this... and it's not like it only does it when it has to, I can be sitting quietly playing a game in a room for a few minutes when randomly it jumps to 4G and I'm forfeited from the game for disconnecting.

Is this a known issue with WW because it's not how I was told it works. Could my phone at only 2 years old be incompatible? Seems unlikely.

@MrBoy 

This isn't normal behaviour - which device are you using?

It would be best to contact the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com to discuss your specific setup to diagnose what is happening and how to improve.

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
jswanston
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I can confirm I also get this behaviour on the Oneplus3 Android 8.0.

On a system installed today, when am moving about the house i get disconnected every time I change rooms.

Did you ever find a solution?

0 Ratings
MrBoy
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

That's really interesting. You only see it on that one device? 

I've taken this opportunity to upgrade my phone to a 1+6 instead as my 1+3 is generally behaving weirdly and the prices dropped... and I want to get a modern phone with 3.5mm since the 6T removed it!

If the new phone doesn't play well I shall be throwing it and all my other toys out of the pram. We might find how well these discs work as Frisbees.

0 Ratings
jswanston
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

So far I have only connected the 1+3 for testing. Will post results of other devices.
0 Ratings
jswanston
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Hi, quick update. After a few days the system stabilized and I now have excellent reception everywhere. The system hands me off to the correct disc and I can use WiFi calls whilst walking between zones with no noticable interruptions. This is working on 1+3 and multiple other windows and Android devices

The BT system stays after all!
0 Ratings