Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tim24
Message 1 of 6

Wholehome Wifi

Go to solution

Can anyone help?

i'm using a wholehome network to get wifi around a large house with thick stone walls that block the signal. It's taken 6 discs, 2 of them connected to the router with Ethernet cables, to cover the house. All works well but I still have a dead spot.

i've tried to add another disc but the "AddDisc" option in the settings menu is not enabled. BT don't say anything about a maximum number of discs so I'd hope it's possible.  I could split it into two networks with the same name but would prefer to make it a single set up  

Any ideas.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Deryman
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wholehome Wifi

Go to solution

Are you sure you made the right choice making such an investment in BT kit?  I'm sure you have seen the negative comments about firmware on this forum & decided it was still your best option, but BT look to have abandoned the product as far as further firmware fixes are concerned dn if you are still in teh retusn period you may wish to reconsider.......

0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

6 is the maximum I afraid.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Deryman

Whilst you may think your post is helpful it is far from the truth, Some users have experienced an issue after an update but not all which BT are investigating. Whilst BT maybe refraining from answering every question posted, they are actively looking into the matter.

Further more, you make it sound as if BT's mesh system is the only one with fault and the the company is missing its obligation to make the item fit for purpose. I can totally understand the frustratrion people have when an expensive bit of kit doesnt work the way it should. But as the issues do not seem to affect everyone they have to collate the data, try and come up with a fix that doesnt break the kit of those who currently have it in a working as should state.

It actually seems that all mesh systems seem to be problamtic with firmware, having had 4 sets of Orbi rbk 40's over a 5 month period and still ongoing issues with netgear I moved across to BT. I've also tested the linksys system too and that has its fair share of issues. BT on their part have offered to replace units, amazon are accepting them back for a refund. Would you rather they ship a half baked firmware that gets the units online but breaks something else? Could the communicate better - yes, have they abandond the product -No.

Graham888
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

After reading all the bad reviews about the latest firmware update in this forum and Amazon I was very nervous about buying a BT Whole Home WiFi. However I decided to take the risk and am very pleased with the result because the system is very easy to install and works wonderfully well on the delivered firmware, which is v1.02.03 build03.

In view of all the bad reviews about the latest firmware (v1.02.04 build10) I have disabled the auto-update feature for the time being. Does anyone have any information on the benefits of the latest firmware vs previous versions? Many companies publish a log of firmware updates and what each delivers, however I cannot find any such information for the BT Whole Home WiFi.

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Graham888wrote:

After reading all the bad reviews about the latest firmware update in this forum and Amazon I was very nervous about buying a BT Whole Home WiFi. However I decided to take the risk and am very pleased with the result because the system is very easy to install and works wonderfully well on the delivered firmware, which is v1.02.03 build03.

In view of all the bad reviews about the latest firmware (v1.02.04 build10) I have disabled the auto-update feature for the time being. Does anyone have any information on the benefits of the latest firmware vs previous versions? Many companies publish a log of firmware updates and what each delivers, however I cannot find any such information for the BT Whole Home WiFi.

From the BT forum, I can glean that some people had reported some devices with unreliable connections on Build 3. Build 10 appear to have fixed that problem for many of them. But others then reported a new problem.

So if your system is working well for you now on Build 3 then don't touch it and wait for the next update which BT have said they're working on.

0 Ratings