cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebbieG
Message 2 of 4

Wholehome add on disc

Hi there, I am new to this forum so hope I get this right.

We use the wholehome system with 2 discs.  I purchased an additional disc yesterday but purchased mini in error.  Will this still work with the original wholehome system?  I have followed the instructions for add on through my app  by plugging in ethernet, waiting for solid blue, turning off. Searching for good reception.  Turning on and waiting for solid blue.  It flashes blue for ages then goes solid red.  If I search wifi on my phone it shows it as a separate wholehome connection.  Help!  Im confused

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
DebbieG
Message 1 of 4

Add on disc

Hi there, we have been using 2 discs in wholehome setup.  I purchased an additional one to make it 3 but bought the mini in error.  I am struggling to add it on and wondered if it is because of this?  I have followed instructions but at the very end once I am completing add-on the light goes a solid red.  Please can somebody help.  thank you

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Add on disc

Hi @DebbieG welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I can't find anything in the user manuals that indicate they are compatible and I can see they use different wifi standards so my guess is they can't be used together as a single mesh network.  

The Whole home wifi helpdesk may be able to assist.

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: Add on disc

@DebbieG sorry about the delay getting back to you, I've had confirmation back to say only Whole Home Wi-Fi Add-on discs will work with your existing Whole Home Wi-Fi network. These discs are not compatible with Premium or
Mini Whole Home Wi-Fi discs, or BT’s Complete Wi-Fi service.

0 Ratings