cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psouthern
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Wholehome connected but internet dropping all the time.

Hi,
I have 5 WH discs connected to a BT hub 6 (Wi-fi off).
I also have Sky Q and some poweline adapters.

Since getting Sky q and adding 2 extra discs my BT WH which had been stable for a year is shocking.

It stops connecting wireless devices to the internet - this is for about 16-17 minutes at a time as my Hive hub tells me, but devices connected by the power line kit still works.

I’m on the correct firmware, and have restarted the network hundreds of times.

On top of this now my Bose devices and Alexas can’t connect to the internet at all, despite the app saying they’re connected to the network.

I don’t know what to do but this has been going on for 2 months and I can’t find any solution other than to sell the kit and buy something else.

Any thoughts ??
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wholehome connected but internet dropping all the time.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wholehome connected but internet dropping all the time.

Hi,
Are the Sky Q boxes connected to your WHW or to a Sky Q router?

Sky Q is known to interfere with other Wi-Fi, especially other mesh systems. Unfortunately there isn't a clear fix for this as the Sky Q and WHW will be competing for bandwidth as they use the same channels and Sky Q can often use a lot of data when streaming between boxes.

You could try changing the primary channels on WHW to be different from Sky Q which will help slightly but this could happen with any dual-band Wi-Fi product on the same channels.

Dan-O
Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings