cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsr2
Contributor
Message 31 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I couldn't upgrade via the app, but upgrading via the web interface went smoothly.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 399

I’m having trouble updating. The app on both iPhone and iPad throws up an error message every time: ‘There was a problem completing the firmware update. Please try again in a few minutes’. I’ve now given up trying the app.

However, the web interface initially allowed the download which appeared to complete, but was then followed by an error message along the lines ‘an error occurred’. All subsequent efforts to update via the web interface either produce a message saying I’m on the latest version (I’m not, I’m on .04 build 10), or the checking cog just goes round and round and never completes. Strange, and certainly not a smooth experience so far.

I’ve now set it to auto-update and see if it actually does.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 399

@Paul_31wrote:

I’m having trouble updating. The app on both iPhone and iPad throws up an error message every time: ‘There was a problem completing the firmware update. Please try again in a few minutes’. I’ve now given up trying the app.

However, the web interface initially allowed the download which appeared to complete, but was then followed by an error message along the lines ‘an error occurred’. All subsequent efforts to update via the web interface either produce a message saying I’m on the latest version (I’m not, I’m on .04 build 10), or the checking cog just goes round and round and never completes. Strange, and certainly not a smooth experience so far.

I’ve now set it to auto-update and see if it actually does.

Try this, restart you discs when back up select upgrade via webpage gui, but then select a time (not immediately) you should then see the download begin and finishes, then select upgrade again it will say someting like a scheduled upgrade is set for eg 14.00 just press upgrage again and it will start installing. (that's what i did and upgraded fine no problems after similar messages to yourself. 

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 399

@foz

Thanks for that tip. I just tried to update again via the web interface and woohoo it did it. I was presented with the box offering a time slot (only saw this once before as I couldn't get that far again) and selected the do it now option. Anyway, all done - perhaps I was hitting the servers at the wrong time.

At least it's now updated all three discs. I didn't have problems before so I'm hoping I don't regret doing it but I can't resist updates Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 35 of 399

I have to say there are plenty of brave souls here today.  Still I suppose if the previous build wasn't working for you then you have little to lose by updating.

As I don't have any issues with build 10 I'm going to wait and see what happens with you guys before 'going over the top'. 

foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

I have to say there are plenty of brave souls here today.  Still I suppose if the previous build wasn't working for you then you have little to lose by updating.

As I don't have any issues with build 10 I'm going to wait and see what happens with you guys before 'going over the top'. 

i think more people were suffering than you think jim, i kept a disc back just in case i needed to go back, but so far so good

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 37 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

Still I suppose if the previous build wasn't working for you then you have little to lose by updating.

Exactly that.

If the update borked it completely I would have dug out the Homeplugs and the old AP and spent the afternoon cursing BT.

0 Ratings
philtrick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 399

Updated this morning.

It took a few attempts. I tried the app and then the web interface.

Eventually after a few tries the app did the trick.

I'm in the middle of a house refurb so I'll be installing ethernet backhaul to the 3 discs in the next couple of weeks.

0 Ratings
ICAltd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 399

Updated at lunchtime - so far good!

Steering is re-enabled and so far it's working just as it should - I was having to restart the system every 24 hours (often more often)  - as it was losing connection to wifi printeres and 2 samsung tablets plus mutluple andriod mobiles being unable to connect at all.

If I haven't had to reboot the discs by 3pm tomorrow this will be a huge step forward for me.

Have 4 discs and 30 odd devices on my network.

0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 399

My discs now re-connected themselves so they've all got excellent or good condition by two piggy backing off two others.

I only saw issues every week or so, but then I'd have issues for a few days so anything better than that is a bonus!

NOTE in the previous thread BT did state:

While our testing showed that this latest update should solve the problem for the majority of customers who did experience these issues, our trials unfortunately showed that it may not completely fix the issue in all cases – but we wanted to get the update out as soon as possible as we know it will improve performance for many. We have already started on a new release to follow on from this update that will include an updated wireless driver, and should help fix the issue for the rest of our customers who may still be affected at that time.

0 Ratings