cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garyoke
Beginner
Message 41 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

Are there any notes to say what is in the firmware?

The problem I’ve been having on the previous build is the zphilips Hue connected by Ethernet constantly drops out then reconnects every 20seconds.

Is there anything in this new release for Ethernet - or is it all WiFi fixes?

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 399

@Garyokewrote:

Are there any notes to say what is in the firmware?

The problem I’ve been having on the previous build is the zphilips Hue connected by Ethernet constantly drops out then reconnects every 20seconds.

Is there anything in this new release for Ethernet - or is it all WiFi fixes?

i assume you mean you've connected your device to the BT WH Disc via Ethernet on the disc and the disc is using WiFi back haul to connect to the other discs? If thats the case odds are it should be better as it sounds like your discs have been disconnecting from each other but a look at your log may help. 

0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 43 of 399

Well 4 hours since I upgraded and still dropping the connection on my Dell laptop that is connected by 5GHz  and of course the Windows  signal strength icon shows a full signal.

My wife sat next to me is happily using her Android tablet that is connected to the same disc.

0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 399

jimbg: Note the BT comments in the other thread, particularly point 4.

Version 1.02.05build01 

1. The update will happen automatically within the next few weeks if your discs are set to auto-update on the BTWholeHome App
  2. You can also apply it manually through the App. If the server is busy when you manually update, please be patient and try another time or day
  3. After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for two days to allow them to settle into their configuration
  4. During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning amber and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  5. When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  6. If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly and there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration.
0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 45 of 399

Well aware of that, my discs are all in one long daisy chain now and before.

They are located above each other on the 4 floors of the house. Nor sure what can become more stable with time in that configuration.

It does not explain why when connected to the closest disc with a strong signal I keep getting "no internet connection" when there is one.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 399

@jimbgwrote:

Well aware of that, my discs are all in one long daisy chain now and before.

They are located above each other on the 4 floors of the house. Nor sure what can become more stable with time in that configuration.

It does not explain why when connected to the closest disc with a strong signal I keep getting "no internet connection" when there is one.

I am not saying the problem does lye with the PC WLAN adapter/card but maybe worth looking for a driver update? You may be correct in saying the problem is with the BTWH but seems a little odd if your wife is connecting to same disc on an Android tablet and not dropping signal. 

0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 47 of 399

It is a fairly new laptop and has up to date drivers.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 399

@jimbg I would try disabling steering
0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 49 of 399

Sounds like a familiar suggestion!! Lol

tsr2
Contributor
Message 50 of 399

Am I the first to have to restart my discs with the new firmware?

0 Ratings