cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I've not been brave enough to test Wi-Fi backhaul as yet, seem stable enough for me still using build 10 config currently not changed anything other than firmware
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 52 of 399

@tsr2wrote:

Am I the first to have to restart my discs with the new firmware?

I thought the instructions were to leave well alone and see if they come back up on their own?

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 53 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

I thought the instructions were to leave well alone and see if they come back up on their own?

The instructions were to "not move the discs or adjust any settings".

If I'm working, I may need the network back straight away.

If they should come back on their own I would need to know how long I might have to leave them for. I can't just wait indefinitely for them to come back.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 399

Looking forward to further progress reports from the guinea pigs today...just posted to get registered for email updates.

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 55 of 399

Stable so far even with the addition of the extra disc which causes the issue. Early days yet though; the last time I added the disk it took around 7 days for the issue to appear.
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 399

@mikew88

I was one of the lucky ones with no problems on build  10. So far, on the new firmware, still no problems. Given that this thread isn’t hyperactive with complaints I’m hoping that it’s fixed things for a lot of people.

ICAltd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 399

I'm on 21 hours without a restart .

don't think I've managed more than24 hours without a problem since the last firmware came out.

here's hoping they have this right.

Steering appears to be  working as it should and my phone is connecting to different discs as I move around my house and out to my office.

0 Ratings
Richard747
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 399

This is an abbreviated rewrite of the post because my iPad shows Wi-Fi connected and the WH log shows connected but it isn't and whole post was lost!

I upgraded to v1.02.05 build01 about four hours ago. It went smoothly via 'Upgrade Now' on an iPhone app. Initial inications are that the iPhones work but an iPad Pro will not transfer from disc to disc. It also still comes up with the 'Incorrect Password' error when the network is manually selected (iOS 11.4). Occasionally it works again after a device reboot.

Backhaul is still Ethernet for all three discs.

Has anyone tried:

(a) Selecting static IP addresses for the discs in their router? Not sure if a BT SmartHub 6 will permit it.

(b) Selected fixed channels rather than auto?

I hope the Wi-Fi driver fix is soon as this build is worse for me in that it renders my iPad almost unuseable. I will give it a couple of days to settle down but it does not look promising.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 399

@Richard747

You've possibly tried this, but on the troublesome iDevice have you tried 'resetting network settings' (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network settings)? All stored wifi passwords will be lost and need to be re-input (unless your devices all sync via iCloud, in which case the stored wifi passwords should re-populate the reset device after a while.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 399

@Richard747wrote:

This is an abbreviated rewrite of the post because my iPad shows Wi-Fi connected and the WH log shows connected but it isn't and whole post was lost!

I upgraded to v1.02.05 build01 about four hours ago. It went smoothly via 'Upgrade Now' on an iPhone app. Initial inications are that the iPhones work but an iPad Pro will not transfer from disc to disc. It also still comes up with the 'Incorrect Password' error when the network is manually selected (iOS 11.4). Occasionally it works again after a device reboot.

Backhaul is still Ethernet for all three discs.

Has anyone tried:

(a) Selecting static IP addresses for the discs in their router? Not sure if a BT SmartHub 6 will permit it.

(b) Selected fixed channels rather than auto?

I hope the Wi-Fi driver fix is soon as this build is worse for me in that it renders my iPad almost unuseable. I will give it a couple of days to settle down but it does not look promising.

Regards to your ipad you could try two things (if you haven't already)

1st. Hold power and home button down for 10 seconds until apple logo apears then release let reboot and test again.

2nd Open the Settings and navigate to Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings

You may well have done this and the problem is in fact the disc's or the steering but thought it may be worth a try.

0 Ratings