cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I actually got a TP-Link to replace the whole home and gave up on it. The Wi-fi was way less stable, generally slower and the setup software rather basic. I repurchsed tbe whole home even though it had issues as they were more manageable than those in the TP-Link system 

Jim-lad
Expert
Message 102 of 399

@Gdotpwrote:

I actually got a TP-Link to replace the whole home and gave up on it. The Wi-fi was way less stable, generally slower and the setup software rather basic. I repurchsed tbe whole home even though it had issues as they were more manageable than those in the TP-Link system 

Geez a loo, I hope TSR2 doesn't read your post as he's got a set on order.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 103 of 399

@Gdotpwrote:

Well, if the TP-Link doesn't work for me, I might as well get the HomePlugs back out. They weren't a satisfactory solution, but there's no point spending hundreds of pounds replacing one unsatisfactory solution with another unsatisfactory solution.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 399

@tsr2wrote:

@Gdotpwrote:

Well, if the TP-Link doesn't work for me, I might as well get the HomePlugs back out. They weren't a satisfactory solution, but there's no point spending hundreds of pounds replacing one unsatisfactory solution with another unsatisfactory solution.

But as with BTWH, there appears to be no apparent reason why some systems work for some and not others, all systems appear to have issues for some users, so hopefully the TPLink solution proves the right one for you

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 105 of 399

I will be hopefully running a test Tuesday on next week for 2 weeks. I have a set of BTWH discs coming while there away on holiday. The set I am going to be using seem to function correctly at there house connecting to each other using wifi backhaul with no noticable dropouts, so we will hopefully see if its my enviroment thats causing the problems.
0 Ratings
DavR0s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 399

Quick update to my post from yesterday...

So the good news is the system worked well for the remainder of yesterday - good speed/connectivity and no drop outs so that's an improvement.

The bad news is i woke up to a system I couldnt connect to so was forced to repower the main disc to bring it back since when it has been fine. 

Early days and looks like a step forwards but still not out of the woods though

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 107 of 399

@DavROs sometimes it can be the device which is the issue and not the fault of WH.
Example, my S7 always had issues when coming out of standby at home reconnecting to WiFi. Same using HH and same with WH. The phone is now on Oreo and it connects every time it wakes up, almost instantly.

But for the fact I know it used to fail on the HomeHub I could have ended up blaming WH, which would have been wrong. The issue in this instance was with the phone itself.
0 Ratings
DavR0s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 399

OK i'll bear it in mind although a phone reboot didnt resolve the issue which is why I thought it was the WH. Its an Iphone6 plus btw
0 Ratings
DavR0s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 399

This new thread is mighty quiet - either people not upgrading, its all working well or alternatively are using other kit (or enjoying the sunshine). Be nice to hear people's experiences so far - both positive and negative
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 110 of 399

Am happy so far. Have introduced my problematic extra disc into my working 3 disc setup and been all good. Last time out my setup fell over around 5-7 days in so the weekend I’ll have my eyes on it more carefully but good so far. Am even thinking about installing my 5th disc too but just holding back for another week or two.
0 Ratings