cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

All good here. I didn’t have problems with the previous firmware and am pleased to say the update hasn’t upset things (so far Smiley Wink )

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 112 of 399

@DavR0swrote:
This new thread is mighty quiet - either people not upgrading, its all working well or alternatively are using other kit (or enjoying the sunshine). Be nice to hear people's experiences so far - both positive and negative

Yep, happy here.

0 Ratings
Alexwaddell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 113 of 399

I installed this latest firmware on Monday and it's been solid for me.

I'm a Virgin Media customer and have the VM hub in modem mode, with a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X to give me  more control over my home network (best fun you can have with tech under Β£50!). The BT WHW is then connected directly into one of the ports on the EdgeRouter to give me wifi across the house & garden.

I had to upgrade the EdgeRouter last night (what is it with firmware upgrades this week!!!) and of course it caused the BT WHW to stop working (I run DHCP on the EdgeRouter), however once it upgraded the WHW came back without any intervention - perfect to be honest.

Happy days... for now πŸ™‚

PS - If anyone wants hints & tips on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter let me know - it can be complicated if you want it to be (as I do)... firewall rules/SSH with certificates for remote access/QoS/vLANs/traffic inspection/VPN server yada yada yada...

Glasgow,
Scotland
0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 114 of 399

@DavR0swrote:
This new thread is mighty quiet - either people not upgrading, its all working well or alternatively are using other kit (or enjoying the sunshine). Be nice to hear people's experiences so far - both positive and negative

I have not yet upgraded (since for me the previous build 10 was OK after switcching off the AP steering).  Since all seems to be looking pretty good, I will probably update in due course.

0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 115 of 399

No network failing issues for me at all since the firmware update. Still have a Kindle that won't connect though!

0 Ratings
AndrewH13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 116 of 399

Ok with previous firmware, ok with new. Using 2 iPhones 4S and 6S, iPad 2017, plus Android tablets, a Hudl2, and two Fire HD8s. And two Kobo Readers and a Pioneer DAP.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 117 of 399

@Joe1971wrote:
Am even thinking about installing my 5th disc too but just holding back for another week or two.

Oh you devil you!  you certainly know how to live on the edge. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 118 of 399

@Jim-lad, I know! Just crazy we are here ! πŸ˜†
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 119 of 399

@DavR0s  - I think for many the firmware patch is solving a lot of issues.  I notice you mentioned your phone is the iPhone 6s.  I actually made a post the other day about Apple products, which more than most appeared to be problemtic at present with WH. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 120 of 399

@AndrewH13wrote:
Ok with previous firmware, ok with new. Using iPhone 4S .

My goodness, I still have one of those in the cupboard.  It does still work but it is sooooooo sloooooow and the small screen is just so difficult to read once you have had a larger phone.

Using it on a regular basis must feel like watching paint dry?

0 Ratings