Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 131 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

@fozwrote:
Unsure like why you feel the need to poke/troll a man that is obviously hurting. Just because yours works and he's at his wits end stop trolling him. Your entitled to your opinion as is he.

My spidey sense tingles a bit when the first two posts by a new poster on a forum contain such hyperbole...to request that he acknowledges that the system works for others but not for him when he musters all that publicity when claiming that BT are not satisfying their WH customers is not unreasonable and certainly not trolling (as far as I understand the term “trolling”)

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 132 of 399

After nearly 4 days the internet went down, not losing faith just yet as I didn't reboot any discs following the update, so Benefit of the doubt is kicking in, with a full power off.

Prior to power off all 4 discs were showing blue LEDs, the app showed the Primary and 2 slaves as red and a slave as blue with no internet connection, first i just rebooted the primary disc which restorted internet but one of the slaves would not show up in the app although it was blue (so must of been disconected) then as mentioned above performed a full reboot of all 4 discs....... lets wait and see again

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 133 of 399

I updated this morning.  Took less than 5 minutes and was completely problem free.  System working fine afterwards (as it was before), but noticed;

• Kitchen slave backhaul, which normally works better on 2.4 GHz as it is 'through' a thick wall is running at 5 GHz (and showing 'Good' at -81 dBm.  I suspect it will go to 2.4 as the system 'learns'.  (5 GHz is typically -80 to -84 dBm whereas 2.4 GHz is typically -62 to -65 dBm).  Under build 10 id settled to 2.4 GHz.
  • Steering, which I had set to disabled has remained disabled.  I will keep it that way as I use Mac and iOS.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 134 of 399

@JohnfromUKwrote:

I updated this morning.  Took less than 5 minutes and was completely problem free.  System working fine afterwards (as it was before), but noticed;

• Kitchen slave backhaul, which normally works better on 2.4 GHz as it is 'through' a thick wall is running at 5 GHz (and showing 'Good' at -81 dBm.  I suspect it will go to 2.4 as the system 'learns'.  (5 GHz is typically -80 to -84 dBm whereas 2.4 GHz is typically -62 to -65 dBm).  Under build 10 id settled to 2.4 GHz.
  • Steering, which I had set to disabled has remained disabled.  I will keep it that way as I use Mac and iOS.

@JohnfromUK Interesting...my 3 slave discs all show good or excellent connection at 5ghz and run at between -55 and -70. They always have done and I’m still using build 10. I’m not very techie, so are those good numbers or not for 5ghz?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 135 of 399

@Steve59It could be a case of the internet going down for real. I've seen an increasing number of complaints about momentary outages or longer downtime this last few days. ISP's have been blaming the exceptionally hot weather for the problems. Just a thought.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 136 of 399

Just check your uptime in your router. That will tell you if you lost sync or if it was the btwh that dropped.

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 137 of 399

@JohnfromUK Interesting...my 3 slave discs all show good or excellent connection at 5ghz and run at between -55 and -70. They always have done and I’m still using build 10. I’m not very techie, so are those good numbers or not for 5ghz?

I wouldn't expect the signal strength to change as a result of the software change, but the software will use the signal strength (I'm guessing) to determine the best band and channel.  -55 dBm is good, -70 dBm less good, but I still get plenty of speed at -80 dBm.  Generally, % GHz band is faster and less likely to suffer interference, but 2.4 GHz goes through walls better. 

0 Ratings
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 138 of 399

My wired babackhaul setup also working fine (as it was before). 

0 Ratings
AndrewH13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 139 of 399

Good point, can knowledgable networkers explain the speed ratings. It’s not a minus I take it? As higher figures seem when I’m closer to disc rather than end of garden.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 140 of 399

I could still connect to the internet from router so internet fine, I am savvy enough to know when the disks have gone down
0 Ratings