cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 151 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I hope your experience is better than mine was. The Decos stayed up but we found the connection was inconsistent. The kids with gaming kept saying their ping speeds varied a lot. As a result I sent them back to amazon and reinstalled the BT discs.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 152 of 399

@tsr2wrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

@tsr2wrote:

The Deco discs turned up today and, as soon as everyone else was off the network, I unplugged the BT kit and set up the Deco. First impressions are that the design isn't as nice as the BT kit and the app is horrid. The $64 milion question is whether it will prove more reliable. If it does, I will forgive it. If not, it will be back to the Homeplug kit.

Well you should be all set to post on the TP-Link forums now.  I've had a quick browse on there and noticed posts about disconnetions and disks turning red.  It will seem like a home from home. 

Best of luck.

The BT Wholehome kit has exhausted my patience for unreliable kit. The TP-Link has to be more reliable or it 's for the chop very quickly. I won't be hanging around the TP-Link forums looking for workarounds and hoping for fixes. As the BT kit is better in most respects, the only reason for keeping the TP-Link would be better reliability.

It's a real shame, the BT kit as it was when I first got it was just what I needed and I recommended it to a few people, but since then my confidence in it has been completely destroyed.

Apparently some users of Deco are currently reporting issues with their new firmware - sound familiar?

I'll keep everything crossed for you.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 153 of 399

@tsr2post back when you have been using the Decos for a couple of weeks. From reviews they seem to have similar issues so would be interesting to hear how you get on.

0 Ratings
Richard747
Aspiring Contributor
Message 154 of 399

After four days on v1.02.05 build 01 WH seemed to have settled down, with even the iPad connections moving around the house without issue. Then it fell over this morning. All Wi-FI connections failed, not just the usual iPad and other iOS devices. The TomTom 6200 satnav was downloading a multi gigabyte update and that failed part of the way through. It went into a ‘waiting for IP address...connecting...connected...waiting for IP address’ loop. The Ethernet connected devices continued function normally. Then after half an hour or so of doing nothing it all started to work again.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 155 of 399

@Richard747  sometimes a 'wait and see' policy can be the best option.  Perhaps many of us have a tendency to intervene at the first sign of something being amiss.  

0 Ratings
nigma
Contributor
Message 156 of 399

I am having the same issues as before even after the upgrade to 1.02.05 build 01. I have two discs hard wired to my router and a third connected over wireless.

When only using the hardwired discs, stability seems to be ok (havent had it fail with wired only). It's only when I power on the third disc the whole network seems to go down after 1-2 days. 

What's really odd is that it seems to take down all my wired devices too. The whole network seems to stop functioning until I power off all the discs and restart them. I would have expected only my wifi devices to stop working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 157 of 399

My WiFi back hauled disc has been pretty stable on this new firmware as yet, i have 4 x running Ethernet bh and this one i have as a test using WiFi bh, on previous firmware it failed almost every couple of days but on the odd occation it had stayed up for longer periods 1-2 weeks. time will tell but as yet its not been down since upgrade  

Kitchen

Uptime: 6 days, 23 hours, 26 mins, 25 secs
Connection Status:Good
Connection Type:Wi-Fi (5GHz)
Signal Strength: -73dBm
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 158 of 399

Hi dgilbert2,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the new firmware release.  

It would be helpful if you could email your logs to the product helpdesk  btconnectedhome@bt.com

and we’ll investigate and see how we can help.

Community ModeratorMarkI
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
ishamm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 159 of 399

I am looking to set up an Ethernet backhaul on one of my hubs which has poor signal, using a tp-link powerline system. Can i do this by pluging one powerline into my homehub5 and the other into the poor-signal wholehome hub? or is it better to connect both to wholehome hubs? is it that simple?

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 160 of 399

@ishammwrote:

I am looking to set up an Ethernet backhaul on one of my hubs which has poor signal, using a tp-link powerline system. Can i do this by pluging one powerline into my homehub5 and the other into the poor-signal wholehome hub? or is it better to connect both to wholehome hubs? is it that simple?

"Can i do this by pluging one powerline into my homehub5 and the other into the poor-signal wholehome" Yes

0 Ratings