cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 171 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I posted earlier in the thread that this update was working well for me, but that I also didn’t have problems on the previous firmware.

It still appears to be working well 10-12 days since updating. One thing I’ve noted is that the Network Topology has changed for the better, without any intervention from me. I’ve three discs and when I originally set them up via the app the configuration was: master disc connected to router was in the downstairs lounge: hallway disc connected via WiFi to lounge disc; bedroom disc (furthest away from master) connected via WiFi to master disc (rather than hallway disc at mid point in the house).

Now the bedroom disc has reconfigured itself and connects to the hallway disc, which seems like the way it should have been previously.

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 172 of 399

@absolute40wrote:

Is this new version stable and faster? I am wary of upgrading as I don't want to make them worse or unusable.

This thread has gone quiet the last few days, just wondered if this was good news...?

I can only speak from my own experience - and after some setting change (AP steering disabled) my system was fine before the upgrade.  It has been equally fine since. 

Changes - well as far as I can tell, the backhaul seems to favour 5 GHz more.  Previously one of my (two) backhauls was 2.4 GHz, the other 5 GHz.  Initially after the upgrade both were 5 GHz.  Works equally well, though one (the one that previously went to 2.4 GHz) has lowish signal, though still described as 'Good' and showing blue LED.  Has now after a few days swapped to 2.4 GHz, and still works well.

Speeds seem unaffected.

Overall for me, it worked well enough before (after AP steering disabled) - and works equally well afterwards.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 173 of 399

@absolute40wrote:

I haven't upgraded to this version of the firmware yet. I turned off auto-updating after I heard all the news about instability. I have a 3 disk set-up with two of the three on ethernet backhaul and haven't suffered the issues others have had.

Is this new version stable and faster? I am wary of upgrading as I don't want to make them worse or unusable.

This thread has gone quiet the last few days, just wondered if this was good news...?

If you do update, you may want to considder removing 1 disc from you system for now and leave that disc on build 10, that way you can roll back if required, test this build using 2 out of your 3 discs for now, then once/if your happy with this new build simply plug the disc back in and let it update. to roll back i beleive you would use the build 10 disc as primary switch of update auto update then plug each disc in and that should then install build 10 back on to your updated discs. 

Good luck

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 174 of 399

@absolute40 which firmware are you on?

My advice based on my experience, especially if you have a working system, is to stay as you are at the minute.

0 Ratings
absolute40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 175 of 399

From memory I'm on v1.02.04 build10.
0 Ratings
absolute40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 176 of 399

Is the rollback procedure you mention documented in more detail anywhere? Would be good to have a proper rollback function BT!
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 177 of 399

@absolute40wrote:
Is the rollback procedure you mention documented in more detail anywhere? Would be good to have a proper rollback function BT!

It's not an official roll back however it is confirmed as working by a few users from memory in the previous thread you'll need to scan though the pages https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Whole-Home-WiFi-firmware-update-v1-02-04-build10/td-p/1824936

0 Ratings
nigma
Contributor
Message 178 of 399

I am one of the ones having issues with the new firmware, however can easily say that’s its no worse the the previous one.

If you are having issues then suggest you upgrade, as it will likely be better. If you’re not having issues than would hold put for a while.
0 Ratings
simoncs120
Beginner
Message 179 of 399

Was just having too many connection reliability issues with my disks, so have returned them and replaced them with Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC PRO disks. More expensive, but vastly better, with rock solid performance. Am also wiring all 3 (they're PoE powered) rather than running 2 as wireless islands, so I don't compromise available wi-fi-bandwidth for end-use devices.

0 Ratings
agaskew
Aspiring Contributor
Message 180 of 399

As one of the lucky ones , I'm on v1.02.03 build 03.  3 disc set up with one wired to the router and two wireless.  I have never had any major issues, and the discs only got restarted a couple of weeks ago because the electricity went off.

So, would you upgrade if you were me?

0 Ratings