cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 191 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

My experience seems to be getting worse with each firmware release.

Before v1.02.04 build10 I noticed that the WholeHome was repeatdly sending the router unrequired DNS requests for "localhost" several times a second. Despite this taking up resource on the router by having to reply all the time, the overall performance of the WholeHome WiFi was pretty good. I didn't have any drop outs or cause to reboot the system.

Upgrading to v1.02.04 build10 resolved the rampant DNS issue, but introduced an instability that required me to reboot the complete system about once every two weeks. Discs would just go offline or report that there was no internet available (even though wired devices were using the internet fine).

After waiting a few days to see what peoples experience of v1.02.05 build 01 was like I noted that the comments seem to be that it was no worse than the previous firmware and in some instances it had improved speed and resilience. So three days ago I bit the bullet and upgraded and now wish I hadn't. I don't seem to go any longer than 10 hours without discs dropping out and requiring reboots.

When trouble occurs it does seem to be the wifi backhaul that is failing, as devices connected to the "master" disc plugged into the router are generally OK, but devices connected to the "remote" discs only see that disc as being operational and all the other discs (and the internet) is offline.

What I've not done yet is to fiddle with the steering options which is something I'll try over the weekend. But if that doesn't work I fear Amazon are going to get another return.

Darren

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 192 of 399

6 Days in and still all good
0 Ratings
dazla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 193 of 399

@Steve59wrote:
6 Days in and still all good

Have you tweaked any of the advanced settings, or is everything at their default?

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 194 of 399

I’ve tweaked nothing on my 5 disc system.

Previous to this update my original 3 disc set. worked fine, however the addition of any other disc outside of the original 3 disk set caused it to regularly fall over.  As soon as the new FW was available I installed it, was stable for a few days on the original 3 disc set, then introduced the problematic 4th disc and it was still stable so I introduced my 5th disc and it’s been rock solid since.

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 195 of 399

My experience so far with this release is good. Previous release failed every week or so but this has been stable since it was installed. 3 disk system, two using Ethernet backhaul and one wireless.
0 Ratings
Richard747
Aspiring Contributor
Message 196 of 399

After a few more days on v1.02.05 build01 an iPhone and MacBook in one particular room would not connect. The iPhone had the ‘Incorrect Password’ error. No settings have been altered. After moving the devices they logged on to another disc. Geographically they seem to be on the border between two discs (all are Ethernet backhaul).
Today I brought my TomTom 6200 satnav back onto the house. It would not connect even though it was showing as an Android connected device on the BT app. Eventually a reboot of the satnav fixed the connection.
0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 197 of 399

@Richard747 I would disable AP Steering if I were you, if you have not already

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 198 of 399

Steve does your's still hand off seamlessly between each disc with ap steering off? Have you ever noticed it still connected to a disc further away.?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 199 of 399

@fozwrote:
Steve does your's still hand off seamlessly between each disc with ap steering off? Have you ever noticed it still connected to a disc further away.?

I have no issues with any products moving from disc to disc on their own, my 4 discs are all on the downstairs of the property as wifi travels vertically better than horizontally so getting wifi upstairs is no problem

0 Ratings
orientboy2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 200 of 399

Guys can someone detail how you turn AP stearing off

and what should AP steering do and whats the downside of switching it off

Thanks

0 Ratings