cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 251 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

Updated my firmware today... well, can't let jim have all the fun of singing it's praises on his own (I hope)
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 252 of 399

@mikew88- What I would do Mike if you're using Ethernet for backhaul just keep an eye on the logs. My setup appears to work better with a wireless slave than it does using Ethernet.

This is a departure from build 10, though performance is first class.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 253 of 399

@Jim-lad Have always just been wireless backhaul Jim....worked fine previously, not noticed any difference since updating...all solid, albeit it’s only 13 hours so far 😀

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 254 of 399

@absolute40wrote:
Silly question. I've upgraded to the latest firmware on two discs. The third is unplugged. In a week if I'm happy that the new firmware is good do I turn the third disc on and leave auto-update on? Or do I have to force the third disc to update? Thanks

The discs automatically synchronise firmware across the system - so when you plug in the third disc, it will automatically get the same firmware from the primary disc. This is separate from the auto-update and is to ensure all discs are on the same firmware for compatibility.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 255 of 399

This tale just goes to show that things aren't always what they appear to be.  Although my disks are working well, both on this new firmware and on build 10, I have noticed that my TV has kept losing wireless connection.

Now not unsurprisingly ones first thought is to blame BTWH for this problem.  Well as it happens it's not a WH fault but a known fault with the TV.  The fix - switch off 'fast start-up'.  To be honest the difference between fast start-up and normal is little more than a second or two.  However, since being advised to disable 'fast start-up' the TV hasn't lost wireless connection once.

It does make you wonder if some of the criticism around WH is sometimes unfair i.e. it's the customers hardware that can be at fault not WH. 

0 Ratings
simoncs120
Aspiring Contributor
Message 256 of 399

I've no doubt that some wi-fi devices do have their own connectivity issues. My experience is that all these issues appeared when I switched wi-fi from my Fritz!Box router to the WH Disks, and disappeared when I swapped out the WH disks for the Ubiquiti ones.
0 Ratings
powercheek
Beginner
Message 257 of 399

has this build been cancelled or put on hold as all it ever says is the download is either unavailable or failed to download correctly. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
powercheek
Beginner
Message 258 of 399

has this build been cancelled or put on hold as all it ever says is the download is either unavailable or failed to download correctly. 

0 Ratings
tobykershaw
Beginner
Message 259 of 399

Has anyone had any issues with Apple AirPlay since upgrading? I’ve factory reset the whole network and the Airport Express’s and I get nothing. Will be trying a wireshark capture next. I’ve trawled through this firmware post as I swear it has only become an issue since the latest update but I don’t think I’ve spotted anyone else with similar issues.
0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 260 of 399

@tobykershawwrote:
Has anyone had any issues with Apple AirPlay since upgrading? I’ve factory reset the whole network and the Airport Express’s and I get nothing.

I have never found Apple AirPlay very stable.  I used it with a Netgear router, then the BT Home hubs 4 and 5, and it always tended to drop out.  I have given up with my Airport Express (and so not tried it with Whole Home) as I find that a wired connection direct to my HiFi in a cradle  with charging is both stable and as good sound, plus using AirPlay seemed to flatten the iPhone/iPad batteries in no time.

0 Ratings