Yes...I’m having problems with an airport express which I have an amp and speakers plugged into so I can play music from my iPad. It was hit and miss on previous firmware, but much more hit than miss. Now it isn’t showing up as an available device within Spotify at all, even though it’s showing as connected to a disc in the app. I’ve factory reset the AE which worked for a while but it’s gone again. Imo Apple products have always been a bit dodgy with WH.
My WH has suffered the first ever (at least that I know about) disk going offline this evening. We were watching the TV at the time when I noticed the disk go from blue to bright lilac and then to red.
I have no idea what caused this, but what I would say is I'm finding the new build to be not as rock solid as I found build 10. Both disks restarted almost immediately. The disk that I noted as going red is called 'Lounge'.
This is a short excert from the log -
13.07.2018 20:52:00 OWL-Sync pollingconfig done.
13.07.2018 20:52:00 OWL-Adjust LED from Dim to Dim.
13.07.2018 20:51:56 OWL-Study(EC:F4:51:C8:FB:E3) join topology
13.07.2018 20:51:56 OWL-Study become slave in topology
13.07.2018 20:51:11 APP-Login from 192.168.*****
13.07.2018 20:51:06 OWL-(Study)IF[5G](EC:F4:51:C8:FB:E5): STA(2C:0E:3D:81:7D:3F) connected.
13.07.2018 20:51:06 IF[5G]: STA(2C:0E:3D:81:7D:3F) had associated successfully,rssi is -76
13.07.2018 20:50:54 OWL-Study become master in topology
13.07.2018 20:50:54 OWL-Study(EC:F4:51:C8:FB:E3) leave topology
@tobykershaw I switched my AE off and on last night, and it worked fine and my music flowed...this morning it doesnt show up again as a speaker option. It shows as connected to my master disc, but my iPad can’t see it. Previously, when I’d set up the AE on the old firmware, I’d done it in a different room and it picked up and stayed connected to a slave disc. This time i set it up using my laptop in the same room as my router and master disc. I guess the AE can’t be steered (it is always in a static position) and so I wonder if it just doesn’t like being linked to the master disc somehow. I’ll try setting up again on a slave disc and see. Apologies if that wasn’t explained well, I’m not very techie on this stuff. I don’t want to mess with WH steering as all other devices, including iPad and iPhone, steer well.
My iPhone and iPad are quite happy with steering disabled. My MacBook is much happier with it disabled, so I would also try turning it off.
It's a week now since my Deco M5 kit arrived to replace my Whole Home Wifi, so this seems like a good point to report back.
The key issue I had with the Whole Home was reliability and the comparison to the Deco is night and day. The Whole Home required a disc reset most days, although, if I was lucky I might get 2 clear days without a fault but that was balanced out by days when I had to reset discs several times. With the Deco it has, apart from a firmware update, required no resets.
Another reliability issue was my work VPN "stalling" several times a day and often losing its connection completely several times a day. I wasn't sure whether it was an issue at my end or at my work, or a little of both. As those issues have disappeared I conclude that they were caused by the Whole Home Wifi.
I have had my work laptop lose its wifi connection a couple of times, but as that didn't happen to any other devices and was resolved by resetting the networking on the laptop, it appears to be an issue specific to that laptop.
Since the change I have not had to field several questions a day from my wife and kids about why the internet isn't working.
In terns of speed, I haven't done a proper speed test. I have not had buffering issues with multiple iplayer and youtube streams.
Someone mentioned ping speeds for gaming, but that is not a concern for me, so I can not comment.
The Deco app is horrible and nowhere near as informative as the Whole Home App, but my wifi is reliable and so I don't need to spend time fiddling with the app.
The Deco might not suit everyone, but so far, for me it is a huge improvement.
After a very positive first week, my laptop seems to have decided that it doesn't like the Deco. It's odd because it went from working well with the Deco to having constant problems, although there have been no obvious changes between the first and second week. It seems to be specific to this particular laptop. In fact it seems to be specific to the built in wifi as I resolved the problem by using a USB wifi dongle. I haven't noticed any issues with any other kit.
While looking at the laptop issue, I ran some ping tests both from the laptop that had issues and from another laptop that didn't. I was just pinging my router, so just internal to the Deco network, with no external internet involvement the ping times were very variable. Typically I would say that I was seeing 5ms +/- 2 for 80% of the pings, but there were a lot of very slow pings as well. The best time was as low as 1.5ms, but the worst ping time was as high as 3 seconds. If I was using this for gaming and needed consistently fast ping times it would be unusable.
I definitley think this latest build is no better than build 10 and for me it's proving slightly worse.