cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 271 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I've also been struggling with this firmware as per my other posts. All sounds quite familiar though! I did call the helpline in the end and the recommendation was to turn off "Legacy Steering". I'm still testing my setup like this, but 4 days in is too early to tell if its helped or not. In terms of devices and moving from one room to another, I've not lost any functionality, its just the device itself which is now switching Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 272 of 399

@dgilbert2wrote:

I've also been struggling with this firmware as per my other posts. All sounds quite familiar though! I did call the helpline in the end and the recommendation was to turn off "Legacy Steering". I'm still testing my setup like this, but 4 days in is too early to tell if its helped or not. In terms of devices and moving from one room to another, I've not lost any functionality, its just the device itself which is now switching Smiley Happy

I have legacy steering switched off.  However, it doesn't appear to have improved overall performance one iota. 

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 273 of 399

@Jim-ladI didnt want to hear that Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 274 of 399

One small thing I’ve noticed while playing with the app...when you look at devices connected to a disc, click on a device and then click on the “block device” option...you see two choice buttons, one says BLOCK and one says CANCLE....come on BT, that’s poor and shoddy.

tsr2
Contributor
Message 275 of 399

@Joe1971wrote:
@tsr2, I had a similar issue with a laptop runnin W10 with the BTWH solution. After investigation I noticed it was running an MS driver for the Wi-Fi card. I updated this to the latest manufacturer version and it’s been fine ever since.

This one is runing Linux Mint 18.3

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 276 of 399

@mikew88wrote:

One small thing I’ve noticed while playing with the app...when you look at devices connected to a disc, click on a device and then click on the “block device” option...you see two choice buttons, one says BLOCK and one says CANCLE....come on BT, that’s poor and shoddy.

Perhaps that's how they spell it in India or China? Just a thought. Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 277 of 399

I tried the Deco setup and eventually gave up. The system was stable but performance was intermittent. The kids play internet games and with the Deco units constantly complained of very variable ping responses which we do not experience using The Wholehome setup.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 278 of 399

@Gdotpwrote:

I tried the Deco setup and eventually gave up. The system was stable but performance was intermittent. The kids play internet games and with the Deco units constantly complained of very variable ping responses which we do not experience using The Wholehome setup.

I believe one of our posters has recently moved to Deco so perhaps he will find your post of interest.  Reading their forums it certainly isn't without issues.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 279 of 399

4 disc setup 3 hardwired Ethernet back haul. I am finding this latest build 01 firmware bether than build 10. I've not noticed the single disc I have (as test disc) using Wi-Fi backhaul drop connection once. Build 10 it would go red usually every couple of days and require a reboot. Also which is odd seems faster through speeds also. All the same configuration as build 10 all steering still on with fixed channels
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 280 of 399

Rebooting just the Primary disc has not been enough as it has gone down 3 times in the last 2 days, so now manually rebooted all discs, so lets hope it last for at least 2 weeks, if this is the case then I may purchase another 3 wifi plugs so that I can remotely reboot the whole BT system

0 Ratings