Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 291 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

@Steve59wrote:
I have my router 2.4 enabled and a netgear 2.4 Access point (as a back up network fed from Sonos) seem fine if channels are all different

I'm puzzled as to how your Sonos can act as a network backup?  My soundbar has two ethernet connections but hardwiring one of those would simply turn the soundbar into Ethernet control rather than wireless.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 292 of 399

@mikew88wrote:

@Jim-lad I know, and I’ve only switched it on again to see if it cures the AE problem. Ive set the router 5ghz channel to 40 so don’t clash with sky q on 36 and WH on 48.... my iPad can now see the AE and send music through it to ceiling speakers which it wasn’t doing properly before. I will monitor it but so far, everything is solid with no WH issues.

The point of WH is that you are creating a 'mesh network' to replace your router.  If the Apple gear isn't working correctly with WH (or not at all) then this is a serious issue with WH which clearly needs reporting to the tech guys.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 293 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Steve59wrote:
I have my router 2.4 enabled and a netgear 2.4 Access point (as a back up network fed from Sonos) seem fine if channels are all different

I'm puzzled as to how your Sonos can act as a network backup?  My soundbar has two ethernet connections but hardwiring one of those would simply turn the soundbar into Ethernet control rather than wireless.

Quite simple really as explained I have a Netgear Access point plugged into the SONOS which creates its own SSID, pretty much the same as turning on one of the routers wifi signals, point is my router position in the house would not reach very far..... hence the mesh for the house and the netgear AP also positioned in the house.

And also I am well aware of what a mesh system is supposed to do, but I am not prepared to put all my eggs in one basket especially if the mesh goes down when I am away from home, 

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 294 of 399

@Jim-ladI understand that...on build10, as you know I had no problems...my router wifi was off and my AE was connected to the WH network, my ipad could see and connect with the AE and while I had an occasional dropout of the AE, it worked 95% of the time. On the new build, my ipad was seeing the AE ok on the WH network as soon as I powered up the AE, but after a short while it would drop out every time. So I switched on the router wifi again, connected my AE to the router 5 ghz network, and my ipad (still on the WH network) sees it fine and it never drops now. I don't seem to be getting any interference from the router as its on a different channel, and my WH performance seems as good as ever. I guess I'll stick with it as long as it works but I do think the BT tech guys should perhaps explore the devices which seem to cause most interference or don't like WH so at the least they can warn customers of possible known issues with certain other tech...I nominate Airport Express as one, but maybe I'm just out of date...do they even sell Airport Express anymore?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 295 of 399

@foz wrote:
BT Is there any rough eta on new firmware with the updated drivers? You mentioned you were already working on this before pushing 1.02.05 build 01
Thanks for any reply in advance.

Hi @foz,

We’re still aiming for a new release. It’s now in early engineering testing phase.  The team isn’t ready to confirm timescales just yet, but should this change then we will update this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 296 of 399

Thanks Sean
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 297 of 399

So, yet again more promises of 'jam tomorrow'.  Will the last one to leave please switch off the lights. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
absolute40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 298 of 399

I had no issues with the previous build 10 and I've been on this new build for 8 days and it's been solid. No disc restarts etc.
I have two discs connected via cabled Ethernet (not powerline) and one on WiFi backhaul.
One iPad but no other Apple stuff. Plenty of other devices though. I've not touched the steering options either.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
nigma
Contributor
Message 299 of 399

I was one of those reporting issue with the latest release when using wireless backhaul to one of my discs. However, it's been a couple of weeks and everything seems to be pretty stable. No reboot so far.

It might be that immidiantly after the update, I should have rebooted all the discs hence the initial problem. However it seems to be stable. I've turned off legacy mode steering as well. If things stay stable for a few more weeks, i'll turn it back on and see if it affects anything.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 300 of 399

This realease seems stable for me too. I had an issue 24 hours after installation but since a full reboot all disks have remained stable and connected. Fingers crossed it remains so.
0 Ratings