cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 301 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

Had a power cut this morning and with all discs come back on at the same time made the system unstable (bit like the app reboot function) only lasted a day before system dropped out, so rebooted all Wi-fi plugs to start again
0 Ratings
Highlighted
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 302 of 399

this build has proven a little bit more stable than the previous (I no longer have to reset all the discs every couple of days), but it's still very unstable (red light on disc that doesn't fix itself, disc showing as poor conneciton when it was working fine before the current version). Whenever I've emailed support, I've had absolutely no response whatsoever, so I'm reduced to watching this thread, and just hopeing against hope...

Shaun 😞

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 303 of 399

I notice in issue 530 of Computer Active magazine BT Whole Home gets a mention, but not in a good context. 

The magazine article is all about why it's not always a good idea to update a devices firmware.  The article points to the problems users have had since the last firmware update with WH as a negative example to back up the assertion.

0 Ratings
AndrewH13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 304 of 399

That’s decent of mag because I remember them strongly recommending.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 305 of 399

19 days rock solid on new firmware now....router 5ghz WiFi still switched on too and Airport Express working perfectly. No interference with WH at all. I’m a happy bunny...

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 306 of 399

Product is great and worked really well until February firmware update, maybe they recommended BTWH prior to that FW update? This is the biggest problem with not allowing customers to decide what firmware works best for you. Most of BT's bad press arises from this.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 307 of 399

@AndrewH13wrote:
That’s decent of mag because I remember them strongly recommending.

And they still do recommend the product.  The thrust of the article being, no matter how good a product is never rush to update the firmware.  See what happens with others first i.e. let them be the guinea pigs was the recommendation.

0 Ratings
agaskew
Aspiring Contributor
Message 308 of 399

Finally updated to v1.02.05 build 01 (from 1.02.03) yesterday.  24 hours uptime, no issues so far.  I have the most basic 3 disc setup - one connected directly to the Virgin router, the other two connected wirelessly.  No homeplugs, no steering disabled, no ethernet backhaul.  In the office there's a couple of ethernet devices connected to a small hub that's plugged in to the disc ethernet port.  The wireless network is used without issues by a mixture of PCs, laptops, MacBooks, iOS and Android devices, a couple of Windows phones, Sky boxes, PS3s, TVs and a Chromecast.

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 309 of 399

Our system crashed today. Some devices would connect and others would not. The app was not available and I could not access the web interface. All three discs were blue. It needed disc 1&2 power cycle and it returned to normal.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 310 of 399

Since the update my disc with wifi backhaul has gone red 3 times so alot better than every 1-2 days previously. All Ethernet back haul discs never drops or require reboots as it was with build 10.
0 Ratings