Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 361 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

@Jim-ladwrote:

Case in point, my BT WH has just gone down.    The first thing I did was look at my BT HomeHub and guess what, my service has just suffered a 'drop out' and the router has rebooted.

Once the router rebooted the disks came back online without any issues. 

Happened with mine a couple of days ago.  I think the Home Hubs do this from time to time. 

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 362 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

Case in point, my BT WH has just gone down.  Now am I rushing around the house ranting 'these useless disk - NO!  The first thing I did was look at my BT HomeHub and guess what, my service has just suffered a 'drop out' and the router has rebooted.

Once the router rebooted the disks came back online without any issues.  It does make me wonder how often this happens with other users who then immediately blame the disks rather than checking the routers UI to check if there has been any downtime. 

@Jim-ladwrote:

Case in point, my BT WH has just gone down.  Now am I rushing around the house ranting 'these useless disk - NO!  The first thing I did was look at my BT HomeHub and guess what, my service has just suffered a 'drop out' and the router has rebooted.

Once the router rebooted the disks came back online without any issues.  It does make me wonder how often this happens with other users who then immediately blame the disks rather than checking the routers UI to check if there has been any downtime. 

Mine did this a couple of days ago.  I think the Home Hubs do dod it from time to time (as did my Netgear Router before).  I suspect it may in fact be something in the world of 'Openreach' that causes it.

Recovers in a few minutes without any intervention on my part.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 363 of 399

@howtobea power them off then back on starting with Master, leave a little then the next in line etc etc
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 364 of 399

@JohnfromUKwrote:

@Jim-ladwrote:

Case in point, my BT WH has just gone down.    The first thing I did was look at my BT HomeHub and guess what, my service has just suffered a 'drop out' and the router has rebooted.

Once the router rebooted the disks came back online without any issues. 

Happened with mine a couple of days ago.  I think the Home Hubs do this from time to time. 

They absolutley do and it's been a bone of contention on forums for years with no satisfactory explanation from BT as to why this happens. 

0 Ratings
absolute40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 365 of 399

From memory in the app there is a Restart Network option. When would you use this? Does it power cycle each device or just restart the WiFi on each?

0 Ratings
bwlmog
Contributor
Message 366 of 399

Hi,

I’m considering either this or th Google equivalent and would welcome confirmation that the recent firmware update has corrected the problems faced by others concerning drop out and connectivity issues.

Also, can these be linked to a network switch in the same way as the google version ?

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 367 of 399

@bwlmog Although a few on this thread continue to have some isolated problems, it seems for the majority the latest firmware has resolved most of the issues. I installed the latest firmware the day it was released and have zero problems with my 3-Disk setup.

Because there are so many variables with wifi I think there is always the possibilty of some random glitch, but I've got no complaints running the latest firmware. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 368 of 399

@bwlmogwrote:
Hi,

I’m considering either this or th Google equivalent and would welcome confirmation that the recent firmware update has corrected the problems faced by others concerning drop out and connectivity issues.

Also, can these be linked to a network switch in the same way as the google version ?

Thanks in advance

I think you will find if you go onto any of the dedicated forums for any of these products you will find some people have problems with them.  Believe me I've looked at many different forums when people have claimed that 'a' is a better product than 'b'.  None it appears are without their faults.

What I can tell you and so will others is this latest firmware update (which is only supposed to be an interim fix) appears to have been largely successful. 

Certainly the BT WH are also the best value for money as attested to in a number of computer magazines.  

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 369 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

@bwlmogwrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

What I can tell you and so will others is this latest firmware update (which is only supposed to be an interim fix) appears to have been largely successful. 

I can second that.

0 Ratings
bwlmog
Contributor
Message 370 of 399

Thanks for the reply, are you able to use the Ethernet port on the satellite dishes to link a switch for devices or is it purely for WiFi?
0 Ratings