Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 371 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

@bwlmogwrote:
Thanks for the reply, are you able to use the Ethernet port on the satellite dishes to link a switch for devices or is it purely for WiFi?

I'm only using mine for wifi as I have no need for ethernet connectivity. Maybe others on here using ethernet may chime in with their experience.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 372 of 399

@bwlmog, re: your question regarding Ethernet connections, as Churchill (the dog) would say 'oh yes'.
Highlighted
shaunmpond
Contributor
Message 373 of 399

seconded - I have two of my dishes connected to switches...

bwlmog
Contributor
Message 374 of 399

Thanks for the advice, I’ve bought the BT Whole Home and it’s given the house a significant boost in speed.

Only problem I seem to have is my Synology. I’ve connected it to the rear of one of the satellite disks but it’s nit showing on my network. Has anyone had similar issues and if so I’d welcome some advice on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 375 of 399

@bwlmogwrote:
Thanks for the advice, I’ve bought the BT Whole Home and it’s given the house a significant boost in speed.

Only problem I seem to have is my Synology. I’ve connected it to the rear of one of the satellite disks but it’s nit showing on my network. Has anyone had similar issues and if so I’d welcome some advice on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance

You're better off leaving the Synology plugged directly into your router.  That's what I have done anyway and I can see it all round the house on all my other devices.  Oh and don't forget to switch off the wireless on your router otherwise it will be competing with your WH disks. 

0 Ratings
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 376 of 399

My 3 wired discs are still running fine since the update a couple of months ago. No reboots, then again all of them worked fine before as well.
0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 377 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:
You're better off leaving the Synology plugged directly into your router.  That's what I have done anyway and I can see it all round the house on all my other devices.  Oh and don't forget to switch off the wireless on your router otherwise it will be competing with your WH disks. 

Yes, good response. There's no real benefit in plugging a wired device on the back of the discs if it was previously plugged into the router and the location was okay. In fact, the performance could be worse as there'll be more wireless hops to reach it. Just leave it where it was plugged into the router.

Regarding why the synology doesn't work when connected on back of a disc, it's hard to say. Is anyone else having the same problem?

0 Ratings
s1myr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 378 of 399

I assume everyone is still having name issues where they get jumbled? Makes using pause certain devices unusable as I'm bnever sure what device you I'm pausing.

Also I'm not able to connect an Amazon Echo Dot that used to work OK with the whole home. I can see it's connected in the Whole home app and via the webpage but the Dot says it's not connected (i.e. no internet). I assume it's blocked or paused but I can't unblock it as the app says it's neither of those. Tried blocking and unblocking and pausing and unpausing but no use. As you have to first connect via another device (iPhone in my case) it won't connect. Anyone else had this issue? I've connected to my phone's hotspot and the Dot works fine so it's definitely the whole home.

Any site of the next firmware?

Thx

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 379 of 399

I've never really understood the purpose of pausing a device or why you would want to.  I am therefore unable to offer any advice.

I don't either name my devices or put them in groups either.  I simply use WH it in its vanilla form, which I find works just great with no issues.  Rule of thumb - never complicate the uncomplicated, even if the option is included to do so.

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 380 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

I don't either name my devices or put them in groups either. 

I have named mine (rather simply kitchen, drawing room, landing - simply so I know what I'm connected to.  I have not looked in a couple of months, but just checked and all apears to be named as it should be.  Can't recall tis ever having got corrupted.

0 Ratings