cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavR0s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 141 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I'm definitely getting much better range and faster speeds at range too with the new firmware. It was obviously noticeable as soon as I upgraded.  I'm running 4discs and I may consider spacing them out further in due course.  Apart from the one glitch previously reported its run without issue so much happier after 3days experience 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 142 of 399

@Steve59wrote:
I could still connect to the internet from router so internet fine, I am savvy enough to know when the disks have gone down

I'm not but then mine never have - with either build.

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 143 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Steve59wrote:
I could still connect to the internet from router so internet fine, I am savvy enough to know when the disks have gone down

I'm not but then mine never have - with either build.

My disks have never gone down, but my problesm was all apparently connected together and working, but no internet through - and so requyired either resetting, or wait for it to recover ....... which could be several minutes.  With the AP steering disabled it has never given any trouble at all anyway.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 144 of 399

@dgilbert2wrote:

My system is now +4 days since the upgrade and continues to work fine Smiley Happy.

Previously with the last firmware I would run into "pink discs" after only a few hours, or 3 days, or  7 days. Therefore I'm past the first two problem milestones and once I get to day 8 I will be happy.

Smiley Sad

Looks like I spoke too soon. My third disc "daisy chained" to the 2nd, turned pink at 19:16 tonight (+ 5 days). I left it to see what happens at it rebooted itself at around 19:22.   So at least it recovered but the devices that were then connected to it hung on to distant discs and so performed badly. I needed to switch their wi-fi off/on so they reconnected to the third disc again.

SO on the face of this, I am still having problems after the initial positive performance Smiley Sad

Will see what happens over the next few days.

I have saved the log files if BT would like a copy?

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 145 of 399

The Deco discs turned up today and, as soon as everyone else was off the network, I unplugged the BT kit and set up the Deco. First impressions are that the design isn't as nice as the BT kit and the app is horrid. The $64 milion question is whether it will prove more reliable. If it does, I will forgive it. If not, it will be back to the Homeplug kit.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 146 of 399

@dgilbert2  do you mind asking how large a property you have?  What prompts my question is you said your devices hung onto a more distant disk but the connection wasn't as good.

Since having WH I find my property is flooded with great WiFi throughout, including right to the bottom of our garden which is some 60 metres long.  I have found I can also pick up the WH on the other side of our avenue and that includes the length of our driveway. 

Just using one disk I get good WiFi throughout, whereas previously it was poor with the HomeHub .  We have a four bedroom detached property built in the early nineties. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 147 of 399

@tsr2wrote:

The Deco discs turned up today and, as soon as everyone else was off the network, I unplugged the BT kit and set up the Deco. First impressions are that the design isn't as nice as the BT kit and the app is horrid. The $64 milion question is whether it will prove more reliable. If it does, I will forgive it. If not, it will be back to the Homeplug kit.

Well you should be all set to post on the TP-Link forums now.  I've had a quick browse on there and noticed posts about disconnetions and disks turning red.  It will seem like a home from home. 

Best of luck.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 148 of 399

@dgilbert2wrote:

Smiley Sad

Looks like I spoke too soon. My third disc "daisy chained" to the 2nd, turned pink at 19:16 tonight (+ 5 days). 

SO on the face of this, I am still having problems after the initial positive performance Smiley Sad

Will see what happens over the next few days.

I woke this morning and the 3rd disc was back to pink again and this time the 2nd was also. I tried a couple of restarts from the App but the 2nd disc would not come back. Therefore I powered down all the discs and switched back on to get everything up and running again.

A massive disappoint as this confirms that the latest firmware has not resolved the issues causing my BTWH to crash.

I will stop using an IP camera and laptop roaming setting which were the culprits causing problems before and I'll see if the system stays up over the next week.

Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 149 of 399

@Jim-lad thanks for your reply.

Our home sounds similar to yours and pre-BT Whole Home we had a central Home Hub 5B that provided a wi-fi signal throughout the house and garden, albeit a weaker 2.4G signal at the extremes.

When BTWH works properly we get a good 5G signal throughout.

As I mentioned in my post above, I have learnt after weeks and weeks of trial and error the devices that upset the BTWH, so I have switched them off again and will see how things are over the next week.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 150 of 399

@Jim-ladwrote:

@tsr2wrote:

Well you should be all set to post on the TP-Link forums now.  I've had a quick browse on there and noticed posts about disconnetions and disks turning red.  It will seem like a home from home. 

Best of luck.

The BT Wholehome kit has exhausted my patience for unreliable kit. The TP-Link has to be more reliable or it 's for the chop very quickly. I won't be hanging around the TP-Link forums looking for workarounds and hoping for fixes. As the BT kit is better in most respects, the only reason for keeping the TP-Link would be better reliability.

It's a real shame, the BT kit as it was when I first got it was just what I needed and I recommended it to a few people, but since then my confidence in it has been completely destroyed.

0 Ratings