cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 71 of 399

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.05 build 01

I don't know if it's simply because as yet we only have a small perhaps unrepresentative sample, but I've noticed that Apple products appear to be having more problems than other devices with BTWH?

BTW - I decided to bite the bullet and updated the firmware on my previously faultless disks.  After the update they're still performing faultlessly. 

Earlier I made sure my phone was on the slave disk (wireless) then I dashed upstairs two steps at a time.  The disk beat me to the top by handing over the phone connection to the other disk.

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 72 of 399

Apple devices happy here but ASUS win 10 laptop has been slightly iffy as has an ASUS Chromebook.
0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 73 of 399

This morning, my laptop was connected but had no internet, so I had a look on my phone. Although the wifi was connected the app said I wasn't connected to my Whole Home. Iwent to another rom with a disc in, disconnected and reconnected and the app showed 2 discs blu e and one red.

It's past time to return these and buy something else.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 399

@tsr2wrote:

This morning, my laptop was connected but had no internet, so I had a look on my phone. Although the wifi was connected the app said I wasn't connected to my Whole Home. Iwent to another rom with a disc in, disconnected and reconnected and the app showed 2 discs blu e and one red.

It's past time to return these and buy something else.

Well, it sounds like either you (and possibly others) may have had faulty hardware all along (perhaps just a bad batch?), or probably more likely you have specific environment issues which will always conflict with BTWH. If it’s environmental I guess you’re stuck and the only option is to try something different. I had to try three routers to replace my BT HH5 before I found one which gave consistent performance, so we all know that some hardware works better than others in certain environments for no discernible reason.

BTW, when I first got my BTWH 3 months ago, I dug out my HH5 and tried it again, thinking BT products may work well together...they didn’t and I got constant dropout. Since I started from scratch again over 2 months ago with my TPLink router and reset all my discs and all my networks on all devices, isolated Sky Q by changing the 5ghz channel, and carefully positioned the discs, I’ve not had one problem.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 399

Faulty hardware / environment does not explain when on firmware prior to build 10 it worked fine
0 Ratings
ICAltd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 399

I'm upto 1 day and 20 hours without a reboot or problem - Best for almost 5 months.

We have 4 disc's - original 3 purchased on release plus one added 12 months ago. (currently the office disc is orange but working fine and may just need to be moved slightly as it's some distance from the other 3 - I may move the disc's around but currently want to leave well alone.  The poor connection is fine though for the printers and work purposes. 

House / office (sperate building from house) has

3 HP laptops, 1 dell laptop, 1 toshiba laptop, 1 asus chromebbok, 1 acer hybrid laptop, 1 HP desktop, 1 gaming PC, 2 oneplus 3's, Honor 10 mobile, moto x4 , a wileyfox swift plus 3 roku's and and an amazon fire tv, 2 PS 4's, HIVE , 4 TP link ip camera's, Honeywell ip camera, 2 wireless HP printer/ scanners, plus a 4 speaker (in 4 rooms) yamaha music-cast wireless speaker system, 1 Amazon alexa and 2 amazon dots,  plus 2 samsung tablets, a lenovo tablet and a Nvidia gaming tablet (all andriod). All connected via BTWH - The PS4's and gaming PC are direct to router.

We also have multiple VOIP phones via powerline 

Main hub connect's to a virgin media super hub - wifi on this is on (as used to have tc connect to this when WH went down)  - all BT settings are set to standard/auto and steering is on.

Guest network is turned off.

We don't have a single apple / ios product - but all the above appear to be working fine so far.

I have one issue with my oneplus 3 - I need to turn off wifi once a day to get the data to work - but that's not exclusive to being at home - so I think an issue with the phone (its running a beta version of Oreo at the moment)

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 399

@fozwrote:
Faulty hardware / environment does not explain when on firmware prior to build 10 it worked fine

I think environment must explain it though...but perhaps the environment has become the problem and cause of conflict because of what was changed in the firmware. If it was just firmware, would we all not have a problem? If I’d bought my WH 6 months ago, perhaps the firmware then would have conflicted with my environment...but I’ve only ever had build10 and it’s been fine. 

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 78 of 399

@mikew88wrote:

Well, it sounds like either you (and possibly others) may have had faulty hardware all along (perhaps just a bad batch?), or probably more likely you have specific environment issues which will always conflict with BTWH.

It worked nicely from the end of October when I got it until the December update. After the December update it was one specific issue which didn't bother me. The network reliability issues only started with the February update.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 79 of 399

@tsr2wrote:

@mikew88wrote:

Well, it sounds like either you (and possibly others) may have had faulty hardware all along (perhaps just a bad batch?), or probably more likely you have specific environment issues which will always conflict with BTWH.

It worked nicely from the end of October when I got it until the December update. After the December update it was one specific issue which didn't bother me. The network reliability issues only started with the February update.

As did mine, Build 10 is when i noticed the problems start. If the environment has not changed i fail to see how anyone can blame the environment if it was working fine previously (problems only started when the build 10 firmware was updated!)  

I live in the countryside in a 3 storey building no neighbours so no overlapping 2.4 or 5ghz channels, a £280 Draytek router (not free **bleep** supplied by isp) (with WLAN off) VDSL 80/20 line, house was rewired 7 years ago, Ethernet cat 5 to every room (no power line adapters) then Netgear pro switches to expand that room where required, 5 x BTWH discs to spread wifi throughout the property 4 with Ehternet Backhaul 1 x Wifi backhaul currently for testing. All devices that can be hardwired are, only leaving things like phones, tablets, laptops etc on WLAN.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 80 of 399

@Steve59

What Macbook Pro are you using, I have a few and they all seem to work for me..

0 Ratings