cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinkle
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Why am I being sent a smart hub 2 that I did not order?

I've got no idea if this is the right board or not but can anyone shed any light on why I've received an email to tell me a smart 2 hub is on its way to me?

In view of the claim on the order summary page that I ordered it on the 25th May, which I clearly did not, I can only assume this is either a mistake on bt's part or fraud.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why am I being sent a smart hub 2 that I did not order?

Could be that you are being moved to fibre broadband from standard broadband. BT are trying to get rid of ADSL and move customers to VDSL. If so, it will be a free upgrade.

0 Ratings
twinkle
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes it would appear BT are plannng to remove my access via copper connection on the 17th July 2020, the letter regarding the switchover arrived today and having read it several times I'm stunned at the arrogance and quite frankly offensive wording of the 3rd paragraph which tells me they will turn off my current copper connection and if I haven't set up the newhub by then I'll lose service.

Since I don't stream/download movies or boxsets and have no issues with the wifi signal reaching all the rooms in the flat and my current speed is more than adequate for my needs, I really have no interest in the alleged benefits of being forced to accept this 'free' upgrade so as and when this piece of kit arrives it will be returned, I did not order it and find the claim that I requested it at 6.30pm on Bank Holiday Monday to be fraudulant.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Its called progress, you can't stand in the way of it, you will have to accept it at some point. It is intended to switch off the whole copper network by 2025, that isn't going to happen of course, but it will eventually. Why you should object to a better service at the same price is beyond me.

0 Ratings