Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holly2
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

WiFi discs

Go to solution

I have recently received a black WiFi disc and was hoping to wall mount it. I realise this is not a technical question but how do you it? It has the keyhole cut out for a screw to sit but with the spring loaded feet and power lead that sticks straight out the back, how is it possible? Has anyone done it?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
majurey
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: WiFi discs

Go to solution

Real designb flaws here from BT. Not only a big and bulky black transformer, but it plugs into the back of the disc instead of the bottom, preventing it from being wall mounted flush, and the screw you would use to wall mount would sdtik out an inch from the wall! They could have at least halved the distance by using a plub insert that has a 90 degree angle. Anyway, I just received mine and managed to install flush against the wall as follows:

Drill standard size hole for small rawl plug into wall and insert screw so that you can hang from mounting hole. Plug the transformer into disc and then hang from wall. The disc is now sitting proud by about an inch from the wall due to the power supply sticking out the back. With a pencil, mark where that supply touches the wall to make it stick out. Unmount the disc from the wall and then find a drill bit that has the same diameter as the transformer socket. Drill large hole where you have marked with a pencil. You can now push the disc flush when you remount it because the transformer socket will now sit inside the large hole/recess you drilled.

Ridiculous hassle. All BT needed to do was ensure the power socket was located at the base of the disc, using a standard 90-deggree angled socket, and it would be suitable for both wall mounting and standing free.IMG_20190407_130732.jpgIMG_20190407_130804.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 3

Re: WiFi discs

Go to solution

Hi @majurey and thanks for posting.

I'd have to agree that the design isn't perfect but your solution is top rate. Thanks for sharing that.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings