cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

WiFi extender 750 - IP configuration failure

Hi all,

I've been using the BT WiFi extender 750 for a couple of years now and it's generally okay, although I've recently noticed that it often shows connection but no internet, and I have to use the troubleshooter which automatically fixes it.

However, it was not connecting to the router via WPS and I had to manually connect it using the website, and while it is functioning, it does not allow me to connect to it. It shows up on the connections list, but will not connect because of IP configuration failure. This is the same on my laptop and mobile phone; it says "obtaining IP address" and stays like that, even when the extender is right next to me.

I'm not too sure what else can be done -- I've turned the router on and off (even though it is perfectly fine connection-wise), I've reset the extender, moved it around, etc.

Any advice would be welcome! 

P.S: If I purchase another WiFi extender, and it is N300 or lower than N750, will I notice any significant difference in WiFi speed?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: WiFi extender 750 - IP configuration failure

Try a factory reset of the router rather than power cycling.

Unless you use wifi to stream within your LAN, your governing speed will be your broadband connection speed rather than wifi speed.

0 Ratings