Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue6995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Wifi Black Disc

Go to solution

I have a Black BT WiFi disc, which I unfortunately dropped on the floor and one of the feet has become detached.

It's not broken, but  am having difficultly attaching it back on.

Are there any instructions on how to do this - I don't want to force it on or break a plastic lug off etc?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wifi Black Disc

Go to solution

Similar thing happened to me, I got the foot back on but it's no longer under spring tension.

Turn the disc upside down and remove the offending foot, there is a circular fitting inside which clips onto the housing. If this has fallen through then get a fine pair of pliers and pull it back into place aligning the lugs on the ring with the groove, then rotate clockwise by about one quarter of a turn.

I appreciate that might not be very clear but hopefully it will become clearer as you try to do it.

0 Ratings
Blue6995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for that, much appreciated
0 Ratings
Ton1958
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Like you I had one of the feet fall off.  I tried to put it back on and eventually the disk inside fell back inside the the main disk hub. I followed your instructions and managed to get the small disk back to where it should be but I still can't get the foot to fit back into it - not even without the spring effect.  Of course it's useless withough the feet because it's round and wont stand up.  There must be a way.  I tried speaking to a BT REP on chat but all that has been suggested is that they send me a new one.  What a waste.  I had the same problem with the main BT hub which has similar feet and they just renewd that but I was having a problem with the internet at that time so it was more convenient. It seems to be a prolific problem and something needs to be done.  Either change the style of hubs or give advice on how to sort it ourselves at the very least.

0 Ratings
davidrconnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Re: Wifi Black Disc fitting to a ceiling

Go to solution

I have to agree with another person that said the design is overall, "rubbish and impractical" and not user-friendly. I removed the feet and associated parts thereof, also, and I removed the BT front plate from the main body to spray it white why did not BT have colour options for the complete home WiFi? I intended to fit it on the ceiling flush (in a bungalow) but, that power plug holds it off the ceiling so I will have to make a hole in the ceiling big enough for the stupid right-angled plug (being in the wrong place) to disappear into the ceiling board.

I wondered if anyone else has fitted theirs to the ceiling

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@davidrconnellwrote:

I removed the feet and associated parts thereof, also, and I removed the BT front plate from the main body to spray it white

You are aware they are on loan and not yours to keep ? accidental damage is one thing, deliberate can lead to charges.

0 Ratings
davidrconnell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

So I will buy them a new one, no problem they are only £60.00.

0 Ratings