cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthernNico
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Wifi Disc (Black) - Devices Not Roaming

I'd like clarification on this too please as I had assumed that the black disks were part of the mesh system

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

As reported on another thread, the Black Discs are just wireless repeaters, not a MESH system.

To view the whole thread see here.

0 Ratings
NorthernNico
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

That's interesting and yet the same person who says it's not a mesh system in the thread you've linked say it is a mesh system in this thread here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Complete-wifi-mesh-or-everything-connected-to-hub/td-p/192774...

So which is the correct answer?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

I've been looking for an independent review but can't find one that includes BT's White (Whole Home) and Black (Complete) wifi disc systems and explains what the differences are.

My understanding is that White is a MESH system and Black is not.  I say that because I tried both - moving around the home, my device automatically switched to the disc with the stronger signal with White but not with Black - I believe that's what defines  MESH.

0 Ratings
NorthernNico
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

That's interesting because on the complete wifi (black) my device automatically switches to the disc with the stronger signal.

I cannot verify for the whole home wifi (white) as I have never used that system

Have you seen this article:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/bt-complete-wi-fi

Cheers

WorcesterMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Thanks. I can confirm that it does act as an integrated mesh including the router as one of the nodes. I have three discs (the maximum allowed free) and have pretty good coverage everywhere inside the house now. Generally (not always) I can wander around the house on a FaceTime or Teams call and not drop the connection as I roam.
0 Ratings
WorcesterMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Mine (black) does usually hold the signal as I walk around the house on a VOIP or video call. It occasionally drops out on changeover but not often. So I think it is mesh.
0 Ratings
WorcesterMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

I think the black discs are mesh. I asked someone on the BT tech support and they checked then confirmed.
0 Ratings
WorcesterMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

I think that is incorrect
0 Ratings
WorcesterMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Black is mesh too. And the router is an integral part of the mesh.
0 Ratings