cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2bearde
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Wifi Disc Ordering / TP Link Replacement

Going around in circles with BT in my quest to obtain the extra 2 Wifi discs promised as part of my package.  Having to use TP Link extenders which are far from ideal as keep dropping out, likely compatibility issues.  How can I order 2 extra discs as trying to get through on the phone to the right person is mission impossible!

19 REPLIES 19
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Wifi Disc Ordering / TP Link Replacement

@2bearde 

Welcome to this user forum.

From a post by a device expert.

Follow the steps on the Broadband troubleshooter and if you've still got wi-fi issues we'll send you an extra disc.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9941/~/troubleshoot-bt-phone-and-broadband-faults (if the link doesn't work - search BT Troubleshooter / Call 0800 800 150 and our help team will support quickly)

2bearde
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

I've done that but as I have the TP Links it comes out as OK, but these are flaky with BT's Wifi dic connected too. I need a consistent Wifi connection. Guess I'll need to call, but always takes forever and end up being passed from dept to dept. Frustrating.
0 Ratings
2bearde
Beginner
Message 4 of 20

Still going around the houses on this, tried calling, but seems to be mission impossible to get through to the right people to obtain the Wifi Discs.  Help please!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 20

Hi @2bearde, I'm sorry you're having difficulty getting additional discs. You can request another disc by following the Broadband troubleshooter online or via the MyBT app. We provide one complete wifi disc at the start and if this is not giving your home enough coverage you can get up to two more but they are sent one at a time. If you have problems getting this stored with the troubleshooter the broadband faults team can also organise additional discs. 

0 Ratings
2bearde
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Thanks for the response but you don’t seem to have read the prior posts.  I already have had this response.  I’m  now stuck in the same frustrating cycle online as I have been on the phone ... I’m still having to use my old TP Link connectors which are flaky with the BT set up.  Appears  the WiFi guarantee I have is worthless, so fed up with BT and dont have to time to spend hours the phone with BT yet again being passed from pillar to post.  I seriously give up!!!

2bearde
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Good grief BT - would it be possible for someone to call me as I've given up trying to reach someone in your organisation who can help me out with my WiFi problem??!!

JohnC2
Message 8 of 20

Hi @2bearde sorry that you are unable to get another disc. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to have a look at this for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
royalblue1
Beginner
Message 9 of 20

This is EXACTLY the same problem I am having and I'm going round in circles. I just need to order another disc!

Linswins
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Has anyone from BT read these messages? I have the identical problem, and have had issues since a moved to BT 6 weeks ago. I finally had a BT engineer visit and after changing the power adapters and cables which made no difference he told me to get hold of an additional disc. It would be easier to have a personal audience with the Queen. If I use the trouble shooter the signal will read as acceptable (on orange) but keeps dropping out, taking the TV with it. Any attempt to call, use chat, or it would seem, use the forums sends you back to where you started. I’m regretting leaving Sky so much, CAN ANYBODY HELP?!!!