cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 47

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem - it doesn’t

Go to solution

Hi @Cloudr Sorry about the issues setting up your additional disc. Can you try these steps?

1. Connect the add-on disc to your hub (router) with the Ethernet cable provided
  2. Switch the new disc on and wait for the LED on the disc to turn solid blue
  3. With a pin or paper clip, press the factory reset button on the rear of the disc for about one second
  4. Wait for the LED to turn purple, flashing blue, then solid blue for at least 15 seconds
  5. Once completed, turn off this disc and follow the app set-up instructions

If that doesn't work I'd recommend getting in touch with the whole home wifi help desk. They can be contacted by phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pmSaturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Chell23uk
Beginner
Message 12 of 47

Go to solution

I am having the same problem. Persuaded into getting BT plus and recontracting and it's not working. They have sent me another disc and that doesn't work either- both flashing red. I'm not good with technology and don't know what to do or how to re set my hub. Is there a way of doing this easily? How do I contact BT? They are always shut when I try and call. 

0 Ratings
JimWooly21
Beginner
Message 13 of 47

Go to solution

Try doing a factory reset of both the home hub and the disk. Look on the back of the unit where the connections are and you will see a small hole with ‘Reset’ next to it. Insert the tip of a biro and press in, hold for a few seconds and the unit will be as it was when you originally received it. If you have any special settings in the hub make a note or copy them before doing the reset.

0 Ratings
Caz59
Beginner
Message 14 of 47

Go to solution

Hello, the 0800 800 150 advisors are there 8.00-22.00. They can factory reset your hub on your behalf if you are unsure.

Cloudr
Beginner
Message 15 of 47

Go to solution

Hi, Good luck getting a response on that number!

I have lost count of the number of resets of router and disc's that I have done, both hard and soft.  Just seems that the quality of the firmware is questionable.

Cloudr
Beginner
Message 16 of 47

Go to solution

So the BT 'Help' answer is that I have to pay £10 per month on contract for any help, despite having bought these discs from BT in the first place i.e. pay twice.  If I am not subscribed to the whole home service then not interested in supporting the BT products.  Very poor  should have bought the Google Mesh kit.

0 Ratings
Chell23uk
Beginner
Message 17 of 47

Go to solution
Thank you! Did as you said and all working now.
0 Ratings
Chell23uk
Beginner
Message 18 of 47

Go to solution
Thank you. All sorted now
0 Ratings
Chell23uk
Beginner
Message 19 of 47

Go to solution
All sorted. Thank you.
0 Ratings
LorraineL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 47

Go to solution

We are having this exact problem.  Everything has been working fine for several months but suddenly our Wifi Disc started flashing red.  We have gone through the pairing but as soon as you disconnect the ethernet cable it starts to flash red and remains so never going back to blue.  We have gone through this process several times but still not working.  Is there a problem with our disc please can you advise?

0 Ratings