cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tillybum52
Message 21 of 47

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem - it doesn’t

Go to solution

I am encountering exactly the same issues. I have spoken with BT and received a new disc. The new disc is doing exactly the same as the original.I contacted BT again and was advised to leave the hub and disc connected via the Ethernet cable for 30 mins. I did and still flashing red. I have repeatedly tried to resolve the issue myself without success.

On reading the threads I have also factory reset the discs. However, I am reluctant to reset the hub as when I went into Hub Manager I noticed that there had been a firmware update on the  same day my disc unpaired itself. (9/10/2019) I don't want the have to reset everything every time the firmware is updated.

One rather disgruntled customer.

0 Ratings
LorraineL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 47

Go to solution

That's rather annoying if that's the case! 😠  Just checked and ours was updated 23/9 we've only just noticed the disk flashing red the last couple of days but we've been on holiday so not really noticed it before, likely that this happened at the same time.  I guess the only answer will be to reset the hub.... 😞

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 47

Go to solution

I have 3 discs with my Home Hub - all has been well for several months until a few days ago 1 disc turned orange and seemingly wouldn't re-connect unaided.  The other 2 discs were absolutely fine. I re-booted the problem disc without touching the Hub and it re-connected quite quickly on start-up.  Keeping an eye on it for the last couple of days since.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
majurey
Beginner
Message 24 of 47

Go to solution

Exactly the same issue (orange light after firmware update). Reset the problem disc and it worked again thankfully.

0 Ratings
LorraineL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 47

Go to solution

Lucky you guys restarting hasn't helped our issue.

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 47

Go to solution

Sorry to hear that.  Hope I haven't spoken too soon about mine....

0 Ratings
Csharp-4
Message 27 of 47

Go to solution

I seem to have the same sudden red light problem with my disc as some other customers. How do I fix this? Will resetting the the Hub and the disc wipe any important data I have?

Caroline 

0 Ratings
Tillybum52
Message 28 of 47

Go to solution

Hello Caroline,

Success.

I have had another go this morning at setting up the disc but before I did I rebooted the hub. (Simply switched it off at the mains & then back on again). Fingers crossed it holds the connections

0 Ratings
johnyb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 47

Go to solution

Experiencing the same problem here, unable to pair the wifi disc with SH2.  Tried using the myBT app, the HUB GUI itself, cabling the disc to hub or using WPS.  End result is the device doesnt pair, ending with flashing red light on disc.   Tried restarting the SH2, this additionally didn't help.     Seems like some have had success after factory reseting the SH2, which I'm loathed to do.  Any other options or suggestions before then?

0 Ratings
stotte21
Beginner
Message 30 of 47

Go to solution

I am having loads of problems with my wifi discs disconnecting and then not pairing once the Ethernet cable is removed - its a real pain if I am honest as I now have no BB upstairs in my house 

0 Ratings