Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 47

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem - it doesn’t

Go to solution
I had issues with mine and was fed up having to connect to the cable every time. There is an alternative that I have used (See Solution here: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Setup-Complete-Wi-Fi-Black-disc-without-cable/td-p/1963162). You may have to move the disc closer to get it to work 1st.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 47

Go to solution

We managed to get ours working again by literally leaving connected to our hub all night and were then able to disconnect, this time turned blue as expected.  It's been fine ever since.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 47

Go to solution

Thanks. I’ll make sure to try this if it happens again. I’ve been sent a new disc now and all seems to be working now. Fingers crossed it stays that way

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 47

Go to solution
Done this over and over again but all I end up with is a RED light.

Also MY BT ap (apple iPhone) does not show
"get more from BT"
and when I press "more"
"your wi-fi network"
also does not show up at all.

Tried over and over again plug it into Hub goes Blue take out lead and back to RED.
These just do not work, sorry
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 47

Go to solution

I agree tried over and over again oh it goes Blue then RED every time and as for the MY BT app I have not "get more from bt" and pressing more I do not have "your wi-fi network" so the app is also of no use. 

Have reset the disc tried different port always the same Blue followed by RED

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 36 of 47

Go to solution

I had to call and get the Wi-fi disc replaced and so far it’s been ok. I’d contact BT and ask them to replace if you’ve tried everything 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 47

Go to solution

I have already put it back in the box and put it away for me they don't work. Maybe one day when I am bored I may try again if not it will go in the bin when I have a tidy up. Watch videos and really annoyed when people say use the My BT app and show choices that are not on my app. I can live without the thing but it would have been nice to see the difference that would be if the thing worked as described.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 38 of 47

Go to solution

Hi @pr1uk,

Welcome back to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting your WiFi disks.

You have mentioned that you don't have the same options within the MyBT app as the guide videos. Have you checked to make sure you have the latest version of the MyBT APP from the App Store?

Are you using the black or white disks?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 47

Go to solution

Latest MyBT app and it was Black 

Still in the box going to give it to a mate as even if it worked I don't think I need it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 47

Go to solution

@pr1uk wrote:

Latest MyBT app and it was Black 

Still in the box going to give it to a mate as even if it worked I don't think I need it

It will only pair with the new smart hub 2, you cannot use it with any other home hub, or any other router. It connects via wireless to the smart hub 2, not by connecting it to an Ethernet port.