Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pr1uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 47

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem - it doesn’t

Go to solution

When I first tried to connect the disc I was trying to connect to a Hub 6 and it never worked well I got a Hub 2 and the disc not only connected as it should it works great. Got the disc hard wired to my old Amazon Fire version 2 and the speed went up quite a bit. Also I complained that on MYBT app the "your network" was not there well once I connected to disc  this option appeared. So all the problems I had were of my own making, it all works great

0 Ratings
Buzzoggy
Message 42 of 47

Go to solution

Tried this and it didn’t work. Can anyone help? My disc has randomly stopped working and I’ve tried all these steps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pr1uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 47

Go to solution

All I can say is once I got the Hub 2 the disc worked flawlessly.

I did read some have had issues and factory resetting the Hub as worked for them always a pain.

What I do is keep my Hub name and Password and whenever I change the Hub I just rename the new one and the password to what I was using before. Saves a lot of problems reconnecting all your devices once you rename the new Hub and change passwords everything connects as before.

0 Ratings
daddyneenor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 47

Go to solution

I have similar problem. I have 3 discs and they all paired OK. Randomly they just loose connection despite being in good places. Turn them off and on and they reconnect but then within an hour they all go offline again. I've reset my router and reset all 3 discs but still getting same problem 

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 45 of 47

Go to solution

Hi all. For those of you who have discs dropping connection intermittently, can you all make sure you're keeping your discs as far away as possible from other electrical devices / appliances (especially things like TV, wireless phones, central heating/boilers, kitchen/laundry appliances).

I'm not saying that's the answer to everything but you'd be amazed how many people we find plop their discs on top of their boilers and are surprised when it doesn't work well  😉

0 Ratings
daddyneenor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 47

Go to solution

Device not near any other electrical devices 

0 Ratings
LadyLouisa
Contributor
Message 47 of 47

Go to solution

I have just had new service installed and paid £30 for an engineer for internal set up (via BT), after getting the router and one laptop connected, I asked about my one disc and his words were "don't know anything about those, not my thing" and he was gone!

To get any engineer to come and connect the disc I will have to pay for another visit!!

Am talking to BT about this as not happy at all!

0 Ratings