Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian22
Beginner
Message 51 of 75

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem - it doesn’t

Go to solution

hi 

I have just followed the App instructions, disk turned solid blue, I removed the Ethernet cable and the light wet to solid red, it has not changed after 20 minutes.

i reset the new disk, rebooted the hub and tried again, I got the same result, everything seemed fine until I disconnected the Ethernet cable. 

0 Ratings
Hazel_Davies
Beginner
Message 52 of 75

Re: Wifi Disc pairing problem - it doesn’t work - PLEASE HELP!

Go to solution

I am having the same problem. Initially when I received the 'Smart Hub 2' and 'Wi-Fi Disk' everything set up with ease. However the 'Wi-Fi Disk' disconnected from the network at some point (Nothing has changed from the initial set up, nothing moved, added or changed) and now will not reconnect. I have tried resetting the Disk and starting afresh by connecting directly to the hub using an ethernet cable and the disk responds by turning on a solid blue light after a couple of minutes however when I disconnect the ethernet cable the light turns red and flashes no matter how long I wait.  I have gone through the set up procedure multiple times with the same end results. PLEASE HELP!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 53 of 75

Go to solution

Hi @Hazel_Davies, I'm sorry to see you're disc isn't connecting to your Hub. If you haven't tried already can you also do a factory reset on the Hub by pressing in the small pinhole button on the back? Let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Brian22
Beginner
Message 54 of 75

Go to solution

@NeilO have reset my hub using the browser based factory reset, and then restored settings from a saved file.

Started the disc setup procedure again, but although light goes from purple to solid blue the advanced settings shows it is not connected. when I remove the Ethernet cable the disc light goes solid red 

Image with Ethernet cable connected (light blue)

Brian22_0-1593854752969.png

0 Ratings
hallsworthb
Contributor
Message 55 of 75

Go to solution

I was very grateful, 6 pages ago, when you answered my problem.

However now - Months later - I am included on everyone else's cry for help who has my original problem and uses it to piggy-back. Must have been my excellent Subject line 🙂

Is there a way to stop me being included in future?

Thanks & Regards
Bob

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 75

Go to solution

@hallsworthbwrote:

I was very grateful, 6 pages ago, when you answered my problem.

However now - Months later - I am included on everyone else's cry for help who has my original problem and uses it to piggy-back. Must have been my excellent Subject line 🙂

Is there a way to stop me being included in future?

Thanks & Regards
Bob

@hallsworthb 

Try this for a specific thread:

• While logged in to the Forum, click on your account avatar (top right under Email)
  • Select My Subscriptions
  • Tick the Thread which is generating unwanted emails
  • Click the 3-dot pull down menu and click again Delete Selected Subscriptions

If you still want to use the forum, but never receive emails when anyone posts in a thread you have contributed to:

• Get to the same point above where your subscribed threads are listed
  • This time click on Preferences
  • De-select "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in"
hallsworthb
Contributor
Message 57 of 75

Go to solution

Excellent - Thank you. 

0 Ratings
LordDarkenon
Beginner
Message 58 of 75

Go to solution

Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

I'm having the same issues with SH2 and 2 black complete wifi discs.  They keep on disconnecting every couple of days - I usually notice in morning when they are flashing red.  Usually turning the SH2 off and on will make them re-connect - but this isn't a solution.   

I started with 1 disc, which worked without problem since installation for about 6 weeks, and then over the last couple of weeks I've had disconnects every couple of days.  I contacted BT and had another disc sent out, and that has the same problem.

It's got to be a firmware / software issue.  It's like rebooting the SH2 clears a temporary cache, and when that gets full after a couple of days the discs disconnect again.

I'm at the point of disconnecting them completely since I don't want to be rebooting my SH2 every couple of days.

Another BT issue they seem to be ignoring - or the forum moderators just reel out the old chestnut 'have you tried resetting your hub and discs' - as if that's a solution you can do every couple of days. 

0 Ratings
Bevans
Beginner
Message 59 of 75

Go to solution

When I disconnect the Ethernet it goes red, and stays red. 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Welshimmigrant
Beginner
Message 60 of 75

Go to solution

My replacement disc has worked well for several months. Last night it stopped and defies all attempts to pair it. The solid blue light goes on for 2 minutes then loses the signal and the red  light returns. I have reset the disc to no impact. I rely on the complete home WiFi for work and would appreciate some more timely support than the last time. Thank you.

0 Ratings