Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Wifi Disk

Hello

I have a smart hub 2 and I am looking into a wifi disk for the upstairs of my home because wifi seems to struggle upstairs. 

I am just unsure how this is set up.

I just need one disk.  is it just a case of plugging in to a socket upstairs and that's it?

Does it automatically connect to my hub that's downstairs?

Thanks for help in advance.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Wifi Disk

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Thanks but do I need more than one disk? or one disk with the smart hub is fine?

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 4 of 9

Hi @FC12 , I have just set this up complete Wi-fi for my daughter. The kit arrived hub and one disc. You follow the instructions and I got a good signal nearly everywhere in the house. Using the MY BT app on my phone there was weaker spot. Phoned up and a second disc is on the way.

I was surprised the coverage that was achievable with just the hub and just one disc. 

In your circumstances, it will depend on the make up of your house.

Stew

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Cheers Stu. 
I have a relatively small home but seem to have a dead spot in my main bedroom, so I’m thinking one disk will be enough. 
thanks a lot for your reply. 

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hi forgot to ask, do I need a subscription for whole home or I can just buy the disk if I already have a smart hub 2? 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

To get the complete wifi guarantee and support, you have to pay the monthly extra for the disk.

This thread should help https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-Complete-Wi-FI-using-Smart-Hub2-amp-Black-Di...

It expensive, and you will find a much cheaper way to extend the range of your wifi, like the BT home hotspot.

https://shop.bt.com/mini-sites/connected-home/home-hotspots/

£49.99 or less if you shop around.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 8 of 9

I suppose you can buy an extra disc yourself, but I don’t think you get the full Wi-fi guarantee. Which may help if you need more than one disc.

My daughter upgraded to the Total Wi-fi package. They had tried to use Wi-fi extenders etc, but they couldn’t get them to work properly. She was spending quite a bit on extra data for her mobile as her and grandsons bedroom had no Wi-fi. So now they have chromecast on their tv and actually save money.

Stew

0 Ratings
FC12
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Thanks again 

0 Ratings