cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Wifi extender password issue

Go to solution
Have just purchased a BT Wifi extender 300. Easy to set up and connect to my router using wps and devices can find the EXT network fine. Problem is when I try to connect devices using the same password as my router (as per instructions) it returns an error stating that the password is not recognised. I know the password is correct coz I've used it to connect other devices to the router. Any suggestions please?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Wifi extender password issue

Go to solution
Update for anyone with similar problems. DON'T USE WPS TO CONNECT. I reset the extender to factory settings then connected wirelessly via laptop. No problem.
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I am also having a issue with the password wi fi extender 300 whenever I enter the extension network. I have tried using the password on the router and the wifi extenders. None seem to work

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

I’m having exact same issue, did you figure out how to fix it??? Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @alixybee, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues connecting to your wifi extender, have you tried a factory reset to on the extenders yet? 

1. Make sure the extender is plugged in and the power socket's switched on (check the On/Off switch on the top is in the On position)

2. Press the Reset button for one second. Give it a couple of minutes to reboot

If everything's OK, the Power indicator will light up and the Too Close and Too Far lights will flash. (Note that you'll need to reconnect the extender to your hub or router).

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I bought a BT wifi extender as advised by Vodafone I was told the walls in my house was too thick and haven't had signal issues since. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
Yes tried everything! Changed my wifi password thinking it may be that but I just cannot seem to connect any devices. All the correct lights appear so there’s nothing wrong or broken. Also tried changing my WiFi settings/bars and nothing. Feeling like lobbing it out the window LOL
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for posting back @alixybee 

Sorry that you're still having problems connecting.  Your best bet would be to contact the product helpdesk if the factory reset didn't do the trick.  You'll get their contact details in the user guide >>  here  <<

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi having same problem with my extender and it has no reset button?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, @LR90XS2011 what model of extenders do you have?

0 Ratings