cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ognats1
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Wifi

Hi can anyone give me some advice I have recently  joined  BT and my hub is in the kitchen as no socket in the living  room  for it but I can not get connected I suspect it's too far away is there a booster I can get as I have an other phone socket in the hallway I could plug one in .

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wifi

have you turned off smart setup as that often causes problems

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

What distance are you from the HUB and can you see the WiFi SSID (WiFi Name) in your PC or device setup when you are looking to connect? also What type of internet are looking for just internet shopping, TV Streaming or Play station type activity ?
0 Ratings
Ognats1
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Just Internet my hub is about 20m away from my living room in the kitchen 

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

That's a large Home , can you see the WiFi signal in both rooms , if Yes how many bars, the other option would to look at something like the BT WiFi Extender 1200 (£49) or the BT Whole Home WiFi system one of three depending on the speed and budget.
0 Ratings
Ognats1
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

ManyThanks will look into that 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

where is you master socket - the one after the openreach cable enters your home?

does the kitchen socket have 2 outlets for broadband and phone or just the one?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings