cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Wired connections drops out intermittently - WiFi remains okay

Hi,

My 10 month old smart hub has developed a fault where the wired devices intermittently disconnect. This can sometimes hapen several times an hour, or maybe one or twice a day.

I've tried a factory reset, but the problem persists. I initally thought the problem might be a network switch that is also plugged in to my hub, but the disconnections are affecting devices that are not plugged in to the switch too.

I have contacted BT who have suggested I use the test socket to see if there's a fault with the line, though I'm not sure why this would stop my laptop connecting with my NAS drive...

Can anyone help? What's the next step if the problem continues? Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wired connections drops out intermittently - WiFi remains okay

try changing the ports on the back of the hub and see if that helps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Have you also tried disconnecting the switch altogether from hub and see if that makes any difference     that will eliminate the switch as a problem - or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I've just checked the logs and am seeing that over the last few days (since I reset the network switch), it's port 2 that is disconnecting and then connecting again a few days later - that's the port my TV is plugged in to. I've switched this to port 4 and will monitor what's happening, trying a new cable if the issue persists. 

Thanks for your help so far...

0 Ratings
Topdog415
Message 5 of 5

Are you using an Openreach master socket

0 Ratings