cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Wireless extender dropping out

I have a bit smart hub 2 and have recently added a  Wi-Fi extender. Everything seems to work fine for 2/3 days before the extender drops off and won’t repair on its own. Even pressing the pairing buttons does nothing. I have to reboot the hub to get it all going again. I believe this problem has been discussed before. What I would like to know is whether it was resolved. Also what firmware is the hub now on, mine was updated jan this year. Also does the Wi-Fi extender have its own firmware update. If so how do I find out which version it’s on, and how do I update it.

Its the smart hub 2 and black extender. Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wireless extender dropping out

@rgh999 

I assume you mean on of these extenders which you have asked BT to loan you, under the Complete Wifi Guarantee package?

complete wifi disk.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yep

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@rgh999 wrote:

Yep

Have you spoken to the product helpdesk about the issue?

Perhaps its wireless interference, or the disc is too far away from the home hub?

I think the app should tell you that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

No I haven’t yet, my experience with help desks is that they run through all the basics and get you setting up from scratch all over again, which I’ve already done. But they won’t byepass anything and it’s such a waste of time. What I really want is to know what firmware should I be on, and how to update if I need to. It could be interference, but up to date firmware is the first thing to confirm. Does the extender have a firmware update or just the hub. I can’t see a firmware version anywhere listed for the extender.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Have you talked to 150 yet? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

No I thought someone on the forum would know the right firmware details. I find first line support not much help to be honest, especially when the community forums quite often are more knowledgeable. Isn’t there anyone out there who can access their hub to check the firmware version?

0 Ratings