cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ceebee1
Beginner
Message 1 of 42

You're not connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi

Since the iOS app upgrade I keep seeing this message on my iOS device. I'm definitely connected and when I use the web interface everything looks normal. What's causing this please? I've attached a few screen shots that may help.

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 13.58.10.pngScreenshot 2019-08-22 at 13.52.50.pngIMG_8A040B7E988F-1.jpeg

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 42

Re: You're not connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi

Hi,

If you leave your app open on this screen does it ever recover and load into the home screen?

Is your device showing in the online list of your Whole Home Wi-Fi network?

Dan-O

0 Ratings
MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 42

I have this too, on Android. Exactly the same symptoms. Web interface works fine, network working normally.

MangoMan2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 42

My error code: NWDIS-001

0 Ratings
ceebee1
Beginner
Message 5 of 42

Hi Dan-0

No it doesn't, it sits there on that screen for ever. The weird thing is that it works fine on my Android phone and my wife's iPhone 7 and all devices are connected to the same disc on the same network. It looks like its a problem with the app not the network and the problem is only manifesting itself on my iPhone XS and not other devices. 

I've told the phone to 'forget' the network then rejoin it and I've also turned the phone right off and back on again - still the same.

The previous version of the app worked fine on this device. 

0 Ratings
AJ26
Beginner
Message 6 of 42

I have the same issue on android pie, get error code NWDIS-001. I can connect fine when using the browser method, tried multiple reboots of the APs, reinstalled the AP, reset network settings on my phone - nothing works

0 Ratings
AJ26
Beginner
Message 7 of 42

reinstalled app - now get first discovery attempt failed error code setup-016 even though I can connect to wifi fine and also via browser to the AP's, my phone is listed as connected on the device list

0 Ratings
AJ26
Beginner
Message 8 of 42

Did the following which fixed my issue:

Set all AP's to use static IP outside my DHCP range

Reserved my phone IP on my router DHCP

0 Ratings
pcj2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 42

I am also having the same problem (on android).

I have tried switching off (both discs), factory resetting (both discs), uninstalling and reinstalling app  - all to no avail.

Is there a fix (unfortunately, I did't understand AJ26's post about changing "AP"s (?). 

Also is it possible to see the whole home system on my computer (i.e. not via an app)?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
jchauvet
Beginner
Message 10 of 42

Hi all, 

Also experiencing the same issue. I've successfully setup the three disc today using the app (android). Once I leave the app then open it again - I get this NWDIS-001 error code. 

Tried restarting all disc, upgrading disc firmware. 

Has anyone had any success yet?

(Just purchased this today - Not impressed so far!)

0 Ratings