Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 42

Re: You're not connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi

I have this NWDIS-001 error also.

Just installed 3 Whole Home wifi discs, set up went smoothly.

Android phone (and all other devices) connected to Whole Home wifi without issue.

But when I run the app again after set up I get this error.

I've tried all the suggestions above. Restarting discs, factory reset, reinstalling app - to no avail.

I haven't tried the references to DHCP and static addresses mentioned as I haven't a clue what these mean or how I would go about doing something.

Bottom line is I expect the app to work. The actual discs are working fine and have improved my signal around the house. But the app is now useless.

Anyone any ideas? I was hoping to find some one from BT on here offering a solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 42

Hi @Toddynetsorry that you are getting this error message. You would be best to contact the Whole Home Wifi helpdesk. They can be contacted by phone: 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm) or by email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com
Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 23 of 42

Hi @Toddynet 

We have a fix for this in development and would like to verify the fix with some affected customers before full release. If you would be willing to take part, please email the helpdesk at btconnectedhome@bt.com.

Thanks,

Dan-O

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 42

I've got the same issue see thread (https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/BT-Wholehome-WiFI-App-won-t-connect/td-p/1994124)

Am willing to test the fix as this is a right royal pain in the ...! 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 42

There are several reasons for the "You're not connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi" screen to appear, some of these are legitimate.
The below steps can be used to ensure the screen is not appearing for a legitimate reason:
Ruling out valid reasons for the "Not Connected" screen to appear
A) Device is connected to wrong network
1. Check your router Wi-Fi network is not using the same SSID/network name as the Whole Home Wi-Fi
2. Confirm you have either forgotten the network from your device or disabled Wi-Fi on your router
3. Confirm the connected network is the BT Whole Home Wi-Fi
B) Device is connected but the device is keeping mobile data enabled (due to Internet access or dual-connection settings)
1. Check if you have "smart network" settings enabled on your device to always leave mobile data on, even with Wi-Fi on
2. Check whether the app connects correctly if you turn off mobile data
3. Check whether the app connects correctly if you turn on flight/airplane mode and then manually enables Wi-Fi and connects
C) VPN or private DNS settings are blocking the app from discovering the network
1. Check if you have any VPN, private DNS or security software running on their device (Settings > Connections > More settings in Android).
2. Check if the app can discover the discs after disabling these settings
D) Network is blocking the app from discovering the primary disc
1. Check that you are not using any managed network switches are being used that may block multicast or DNS traffic
2. Confirm whether your DNS server(s) are being used that would prevent the primary disc resolving the DNS address (btwhole.home). This can be checked by connecting to the Whole homes network and entering http://mybtdevice.home into the browser (or http://btwhole.home if its Whole Home Premium) on a device connected to the WHW network.
If the above has been checked out, I believe there is a version of the app available via a closed group that has a change to the discovery mechanism.
To get access to this App version, you will have to contact the BT Helpdesk and confirm your ID used by your App Store or Google play account.
Hope this helps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 42

I did send an email the the support team, but they came back today, with the same plan of action of remove everything and start again!

However I did t his yesterday after moving on the beta program for the firmware and android application. I reset all the discs, removed the application and changed the disc that I had has a primary device. Surprisingly after an hour of messing about, everything worked, the web pages were loading and the application was responding.

This evening, I came home from work and checked, everything again was as it should be. Turned on my new TV and the web pages & app failed to load/connect. The new TV is Hisense with built in Roku software so was wondering if there was something with the NIC or software that would impact the BT app / discs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 42

@Dan-0 please let us know when this fix makes it to production. It’s been quite a PITA. On the plus side, I can set up 6 discs in my sleep now 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 28 of 42

Hi @MrMc 

We've just released a new app to help with this problem - it's 3.8.6 for Android and 3.8.10 for iOS.

There are unfortunately still some scenarios that could cause this issue with the original Whole Home Wi-Fi model - we are investigating the root cause and will release a firmware update if necessary as soon as possible.

Please let me know if the new app makes any difference for you!

Dan-O

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 42

Same thing happens to me: the disk is connected, I've connected my phone to the WholeHome network, I scan the QR code and get a "Connection successful" message and click Continue...then I get Error code: Setup-012 every time. "First discovery attempt failed, will retry. Please double check the power and ethernet connections to your router, and check your router is on and working. Make sure the wi-fi on this phone/device is switched on. Error code: Setup-012. Try Again." I've tried again with Mobile Data switched off (BT Mobile customer). I've tried again and entered the disk address details manually in case there was a problem with the QR code.

If I go to http://btwhole.home on the same phone it says I have an excellent connection to the disk.

I have uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the app twice (Version 3.8.6). I have updated the firmware on the disk and tried again.

This is my first disk: I have 3 more to do and I am so fed up. I can't even set up a mesh without this first disk. It seems to be the app which is messing up if btwhole.home says that I'm connected with an excellent signal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 42

I have exactly the same problem! Network is working fine ( 4 discs for several months) and I've never had any problems with it before.  To try to fix it I have now updated the (Android) app to the latest version (3.8.6)and now get the  error "Setup-012"!  If i select "Try again" it just says "Please wait" - seemingly forever!

If I try to go to http://btwhole.home I get "This site can't be reached" error!!

Discs are working fine and mobile devices can connect OK. Hub says they're online.

Come on BT sort out the app please.

0 Ratings