I have this NWDIS-001 error also.
Just installed 3 Whole Home wifi discs, set up went smoothly.
Android phone (and all other devices) connected to Whole Home wifi without issue.
But when I run the app again after set up I get this error.
I've tried all the suggestions above. Restarting discs, factory reset, reinstalling app - to no avail.
I haven't tried the references to DHCP and static addresses mentioned as I haven't a clue what these mean or how I would go about doing something.
Bottom line is I expect the app to work. The actual discs are working fine and have improved my signal around the house. But the app is now useless.
Anyone any ideas? I was hoping to find some one from BT on here offering a solution.
We have a fix for this in development and would like to verify the fix with some affected customers before full release. If you would be willing to take part, please email the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I did send an email the the support team, but they came back today, with the same plan of action of remove everything and start again!
However I did t his yesterday after moving on the beta program for the firmware and android application. I reset all the discs, removed the application and changed the disc that I had has a primary device. Surprisingly after an hour of messing about, everything worked, the web pages were loading and the application was responding.
This evening, I came home from work and checked, everything again was as it should be. Turned on my new TV and the web pages & app failed to load/connect. The new TV is Hisense with built in Roku software so was wondering if there was something with the NIC or software that would impact the BT app / discs.
We've just released a new app to help with this problem - it's 3.8.6 for Android and 3.8.10 for iOS.
There are unfortunately still some scenarios that could cause this issue with the original Whole Home Wi-Fi model - we are investigating the root cause and will release a firmware update if necessary as soon as possible.
Please let me know if the new app makes any difference for you!
Same thing happens to me: the disk is connected, I've connected my phone to the WholeHome network, I scan the QR code and get a "Connection successful" message and click Continue...then I get Error code: Setup-012 every time. "First discovery attempt failed, will retry. Please double check the power and ethernet connections to your router, and check your router is on and working. Make sure the wi-fi on this phone/device is switched on. Error code: Setup-012. Try Again." I've tried again with Mobile Data switched off (BT Mobile customer). I've tried again and entered the disk address details manually in case there was a problem with the QR code.
If I go to http://btwhole.home on the same phone it says I have an excellent connection to the disk.
I have uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the app twice (Version 3.8.6). I have updated the firmware on the disk and tried again.
This is my first disk: I have 3 more to do and I am so fed up. I can't even set up a mesh without this first disk. It seems to be the app which is messing up if btwhole.home says that I'm connected with an excellent signal.
I have exactly the same problem! Network is working fine ( 4 discs for several months) and I've never had any problems with it before. To try to fix it I have now updated the (Android) app to the latest version (3.8.6)and now get the error "Setup-012"! If i select "Try again" it just says "Please wait" - seemingly forever!
If I try to go to http://btwhole.home I get "This site can't be reached" error!!
Discs are working fine and mobile devices can connect OK. Hub says they're online.
Come on BT sort out the app please.