cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: bt whole home premium wifi - Virgin 3 Hub - dropping out 10 times a day

Ok - so my optimism was premature and short lived. 

Whilst the connection is much more stable I have been having drop outs and disconnections - less frequent but still happening. 

Help!!!! 

Right now I see a return of the product as my only option - I really do not want to do this!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

I've gone 24 hours with no drop outs, my fingers are crossed that it stays that way. One more time and I'm giving up

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Just wanted to update the solution I used... it appears that I missed a step in the router setup. I never enabled the ping/ICMP... now I am not sure why I even had to but it seems to have helped. Fingers crossed. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 31

Hi, can you advise on how to do this and if this has solved your issues? I got the BT whole home a couple of days ago and this is driving me mad with lots of complaints from my family!! 

Thanks in advance!

PS my Virgin Media Hub 3 is in router mode

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 31

Hi, can you advise on how to do this and if this has solved your issues? I got the BT whole home a couple of days ago and this is driving me mad with lots of complaints from my family!!

Thanks in advance!

PS my Virgin Media Hub 3 is in router mode
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

I have been OK for a week now. Its worth keeping on at their support team, they are at least responsive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 27 of 31

May sound like a silly question, but is this just happening with the premium discs? Is it worth just downgrading to the normal ones to get around this? I've had this installed since Saturday and probably have been thrown off around 12 times already (currently using my mobile hotspot!!) 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

I have Whole Home not premium so cant help I'm afraid

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 31

Hi @Ab29, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your Whole home wifi premium discs. I'd recommend you get in touch with the helpdesk for assistance with this. They can be contacted on 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm. Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm Or by email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 31

Hi Neil, I've already called the helpdesk and their solutions are the same as what's on this thread which i've already tried. It's been stable since i posted this morning so will give it another day or two to see what happens. thanks for reaching out!
0 Ratings