cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wakkaday
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

bt whole home wifi - connecion has halfed from 100mb to around 50mb . help? (virgin superhub)

hey guys

i have a 100mb connection with virgin and have the superhub 3 i believe. this is set upstairs.

i required ethernet downstairs and tried homeplugs but wasn't getting the speeds i required so tried my luck with a bt whole home wifi- 2 pack and i managed to get around 100mb in every room in house.

disk 1 is connected to the virgin router (in modem mode)

disk 2 is connected to an switch (nas, ps4, tv etc) 

the disk are on the latest firmware: v 1.02.06 build 12

settings:

2.4ghz bandwidyth - 20mhz reccomended

2.4ghz - auto

5ghz - auto

wps - enabled

compatibility - enabled

i have tried changing the above settings but it hasnt made a difference, this was the defaul setting it was on and i was geting 100mb on wireless

i am checking via speedtest app on my iphone

i dont have an ethernet laptop to check.

any solutions guys?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
thebroughfamily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: bt whole home wifi - connecion has halfed from 100mb to around 50mb . help? (virgin superhub)

You still need the Virgin box to be the router, so you need to take it out of modem mode.
0 Ratings
wakkaday
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: bt whole home wifi - connecion has halfed from 100mb to around 50mb . help? (virgin superhub)

It was back in router mode
Still the same

The only thing I haven’t done is a hard reset and it looks like this new firmware was late November and it’s right after this point my speed is halved (I was away in December ) but this kind of makes sense something in this new firmware has affected my speeds
0 Ratings
wakkaday
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

My wireless was off on the virgin router .
0 Ratings