cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

home wifi Disk out of operation

Hi,

My two wifi disks and BT hybrid connect have all stopped working

Tried using the BT app to run setup again, but in the end, it was the same red light flashing!

Not sure how this happened.

Can anyone help, please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: home wifi Disk out of operation

Hi, @Trevstar I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your discs and Hybrid connect. If you're still unable to connect them can you try a factory reset of the Hub and let me know if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi Neil,

Thank you for replying.

I am on the whole home BT wifi with smart hub 2 and 2 disks.

Everything was working fine and just last week noticed that the disk was showing red and the hybrid connect too.

On the BT app using my phone, the disk, and connect disappeared from the wifi network, and tried to run set up a new disk! 

Ran a setup step by step and once the cable from the router to the disk is removed it changes from blue to red. it is supposed to turn blue again which did not happen but it is always red. tried factory reset but no success. the same issue is with the BT connect. 

When I first set it up it was a breeze! not sure what is wrong where. it just doesn't pair!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi, @Trevstar thanks for clarifying that, with the Hybrid connect set up should you not have Complete wifi (black) discs? These link to the Hybrid connect equipment as part of the same mesh network. I don't believe the Whole home wifi discs will do the same. 

For further help with the Whole home wifi discs, I'd recommend getting in touch with us on 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm. Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi,
Can you tell me why black disks are not supported by the Whole-home team?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Got in touch with BT and ran a number of checks and the Smart hub 2 was the culprit!

BT sent a new one and all the disks are up and running.

Many thanks to the BT phone support team!

0 Ratings