cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

iPhone 13 wifi calling on BT WholeHome

We have two iPhone 13 Pros and a BT Whole Home network. Both phones have lost EE wifi calling and I don't understand why. We have no 4G signal and up until two weeks ago it all worked well. I have reset the phone, the network settings.....in fact i have tried everything I can. Help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: iPhone 13 wifi calling on BT WholeHome

Hi, did you by any chance recently receive an SMS from EE telling you that some EE service settings had been updated, to delete the message and restart your phone?

My partner and I both had this happen to our iPhones recently.  We both lost EE wifi calling and our ability to make and receive calls over EE 4G after our settings were updated.   Even though we had two to three bars of EE 4G signal nine times out of ten we couldn’t make outgoing calls and inbound calls would go straight to voicemail.

In the end we spent an hour on the phone to EE support (first, second then third line engineering support) who confirmed there was no local cell issue but that we might have had some corrupt settings applied to our phones.  They then applied what they called a ‘full account reset’ which was essentially them sending the service configuration SMS messages you get when you first join EE.  We deleted the SMS messages, restarted the phones and everything kicked back into life, wifi calling reappeared and we could make and receive calls again.  According to EE support this was an issue that related to some of the configuration updates they sent out for their new 5G services.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: iPhone 13 wifi calling on BT WholeHome

Thanks but we haven’t had any updates from EE. Bizarrely almost from the moment I posted my question Wi-Fi calling has worked on both phones. I’ve done nothing at all to facilitate that. I am at a loss!

0 Ratings