cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

remote set up

anyone any idea of how to set this up. BT sent it ages ago to replace orginal one but never use.  Had the new box delivers and it is going back as as much use a chocolate fireguard and support is nil.  So reinstalling the old boxOptimized.IMG_1379.000.jpg

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: remote set up

Hi @qwerty111, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. This is an old remote and I can't find a specific help page for it. 

What BT TV package do you have and what BT TV Box are you trying to use?

cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

John its the orginal You View box, and i had issues with the controller and this is what BT sent.

Bob

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @qwerty111, thanks for posting back that information. What BT TV package are you on?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

John

This is where it might get confusing, lots of chats with BT today and last week and it seems that they will not help as I am not on a tv package so no engineer support at all.  When I came back to england 12 years ago I took out BT and they installed, land line, modem and the You View box.  This I accepted as the norm, seems I was wrong, but my argument is that surly the tv package will no affect the operation of a remote control, had two of the new boxes both returned as they are a nightmare compared to the old box.  Quite stunned to find out no support even though I have had an engineer out, but as BT told me today if you are watching or have wrong package the electronics will not work, really!!

Rob

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Not entirely sure why you are expecting free support for something you are not paying for.

Message 7 of 11

what are you on about I pay £59 a month for this set up

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

No you don't, you are just paying for your broadband, not a TV package.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

The controller is a BT RC 1854702/01B

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I am sorry that unlike i dont  have all the answers to hand.  I pay that as thats what BT signed me up to, no mention was ever made of taking on a TV package, thats after many years as a business customer and 12 with them as a civvy.  This came to light two days ago, even BT thought I was on it otherwise no engineers would have turned up.

I thought this was a friendly site to help after all we are all BT users at the moment

Thanks so much for your imput

0 Ratings