cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boswell
Message 1 of 3

switch connected to ethernet port of BT smart hub isolated from rest of network

I want to be able to have a network switch connected to an ethernet port of my BT smart hub isolated from the rest of the network (wireless connectivity etc...). So that devices connected to the wireless can not connect to a NAS on the switch and so that a PC connected to the switch could not for example stream music to a speaker connected to the wireless. Any help?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Rob364
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: switch connected to ethernet port of BT smart hub isolated from rest of network

I would suggest you read up on VLAN's and possibly smart switches.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: switch connected to ethernet port of BT smart hub isolated from rest of network

Look at the Netgear GS108E-300UKS   8 port switch, that is what I use and it has the ability to configure port based Virtual LANs. You can great a LAN group, and add or remove ports to that group.

Each port can be given access to only to specific resources. You can have a device that can connect to a NAS, but has no Internet access. You will have to learn how to do it, but then its easy.

The switch can also manage bandwidth and priority for each port as well.

Its all done from a web browser.

I have some information on this page Netgear GS105E and GS108E Managed Network Switch